We are looking for an Ecologist with at least 1 years full-time experience working in
This is a great opportunity to join our experienced, friendly and innovative team in Oxford,
Newcastle or Derbyshire and one of the most successful and well-established independent
ecological consultancies in the UK. We will work with you to develop your skills in all aspects
of ecology and consultancy through mentoring and a comprehensive internal training programme.
In addition to a competitive salary and 25 days annual leave, we offer benefits that include
flexible working, private healthcare, company-funded social events and health and well-being
Why Work For BSG Ecology?
- We are a multi-award winning, highly respected, industry leading consultancy with a strong
reputation for technical ability amongst our clients and fellow professionals.
- All our ecologists have the opportunity to work on projects across a wide range of sectors
including heritage, renewable energy, residential, leisure and minerals and with a diverse
range of clients.
- We are committed to investing in training and career development. We have a structured
programme of internal training for new starters that is complemented by additional external
training and mentoring.
- Health and safety and staff wellbeing are at the forefront of everything we do. We
recognise the importance of maintaining a good work life balance. We do this through careful
resourcing of work, the implementation of robust TOIL policies and flexible working
- We have sophisticated cloud-based project management and tailored GIS systems, allowing us
to work across offices and remotely.
What We Are Looking For
You will have:
- Relevant professional ecological experience (at least 1 years full-time experience working
in ecological consultancy)
- A broad ecological skill-set and, ideally, a protected species licences
- A working knowledge of current and evolving wildlife policy and legislation
- Confidence in written and verbal communication
- Some project management and client liaison skills
- Enthusiasm for ecology and the environment in the UK
- The desire to promote high professional standards in ecology
- An organised approach to work, flexibility and a high level of motivation
- A good BSc and / or MSc in a relevant subject
- A full driving licence and access to your own transport
How To Apply
Please send a CV, along with a covering letter telling us about yourself and what you feel you
will bring to our team, to Rowena Scott-Campbell [email protected] by Friday
17th February 2023.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this internship posting.