Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs working in 40 countries worldwide, is currently looking for a highly qualified Economic Recovery Assistant for Kyiv office.
DRC has been operating in Ukraine for more than 10 years with emergency and durable solution interventions for assisting IDPs, returnees, Host communities, and conflict-affected populations. With the outbreak of the conflict in February 2022, DRC has shifted its programming to emergency response to meet the urgent needs of conflict-affected population in the country. Current DRC programming is focusing on protection activities such as protection monitoring, information dissemination, Individual protection assistance, and legal aid. DRC is also planning to add to the ongoing emergency protection response activities such as GBV prevention and response, Psychosocial support (PSS), and community-based protection. In addition to protection programming, DRC is currently implementing Multipurpose Cash Assistance (MPCA), NFI and Food distributions, Shelter & WASH interventions, and Economic Recovery, Humanitarian Demining and Explosive Ordnance Risk Education. The organization counts with 6 offices in the country.
The overall purpose of the role
- Under supervision of Economic Recovery Team Leader support implementation of DRC economic recovery programmes (such as provision of business grants to micro, small and medium enterprises and grants for vocational education).
- Provides administrative or technical support within sector area.
- Assist the sector officer in ensuring quality of the planning, implementation and follow up of sector activities.
Programming & Operations
- Under the leadership of the Economic Recovery Team Leader, support to smooth implementation of programme activities related to economic recovery interventions while following the budget and work plan;
- Engage in the selection process, including field visits, to the potential beneficiaries to be assisted with the business grants for micro, small and medium enterprises and grants for vocational education;
- Assist in information dissemination and outreach activities with the aim to ensure active participation of the potential businesses/individuals in economic recovery programmes;
- Assist in grants disbursement process, including collection and processing of the required documents, and providing support to the beneficiaries during the issuance of the grant funds;
- Provision support in monitoring of the businesses/individuals who received grant assistance;
- Close collaboration with DRC Support Unit in relation to programme activities;
- Back-up other Economic Recovery Assistants when necessary;
- Maintain good working relations within DRC and other organizations in the area of responsibility;
- Cooperate with UN agencies, INGO’s and national NGO’s as needed;
- Liaise with regional and local authorities as necessary;
- Understand, and ensure the observance of the DRC Code of Conduct;
- Perform other tasks as requested by DRC management;
- Support to preparation of different reports related to the programme activities.
Administrative and technical support
- Carry out basic tasks within sector area (e.g. data collection)
- Carry out administrative tasks
- Follow given work plans and guidelines
Required experience and competencies
- Relevant university degree (e.g. political science, international development, or economics) or equivalent professional qualification
- Minimum 1 year of experience in the economic recovery/livelihoods/emergency sector.
- Good understanding of emergency response interventions as well as economic recovery activities.
- Experience in administrative tasks
- Excellent IT skills: confident PC user, MS Office pack (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Experience with following standard procedures and guidelines
- English skills (Upper-intermediate).
- Fluency in local language: Ukrainian, Russian
Contract length: 3 months with the possibility of extension based on a successful probation period and available funding
Start date: ASAP
The application is open for Ukraine citizens only. Salary and conditions will be in accordance with the Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National Staff.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: October 12, 2022
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/about-us/job-and-career/support-for-job-seekers.
Danish Refugee Council is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and positive work environment based on mutual respect for all employees. All applicants are considered for employment without attention to race, age, ability, ethnicity, nationality, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other factor. At DRC we celebrate diversity and appreciate our employees for the people they are and their unique skills, backgrounds, and perspectives. We encourage all interested candidates to apply!
Apply for job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please specify on the application form/indicate in your cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.