Under the supervision of the EcoSec Delegate, the Economic Security Generalist 2 designs, implements and monitors the ICRC’s economic security (EcoSec) interventions in the area of responsibility of the JOS sub-delegation
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Designs or adjusts data-collection tools.
- Collects data using data-collection tools and devices.
- Enters data into and maintains the survey database and the EcoSec Programme Management Tool (EPMT).
- Performs basic qualitative and quantitative data analysis.
- Describes results and produces data visualizations.
- Contributes to identifying response options by analyzing strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT).
- Contributes to designing a suitable method for registering beneficiaries.
- Contributes to developing methods, plans, implementation, logistics and reporting for assistance distributions.
- Carries out on-site assistance distributions.
- Contributes to the designing and implementing livelihood programmes (cash for livelihoods, agricultural programme support, cash for work, microeconomic initiatives (MEI) projects and structural support).
- Contributes to analyzing the security, socioeconomic, cultural and political environment as it relates to the ICRC.
- Contributes to internal reporting.
- Translates documents for internal use and interprets upon request.
- Contributes to organizing and providing capacity-building activities.
Education and Experience Required
- University degree in development studies, economics, agriculture or related field
- 4 years of work experience in a similar field
- Fluent in written and spoken English and knowledge of the local language(s) – Hausa
- Good knowledge of geographically assigned environment
Desired profile and Skills
- Team leadership skills
- Good analytical skills
- Good communication skills
- Shows judgment abilities to deal with special cases and propose solutions
- Ensures that a good atmosphere is maintained within the EcoSec department and with the other ICRC departments through adequate communication
How to apply
Click on this link or scan the QR barcode below to access the application page: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=NFOKnnxJik2nl3mXz4zHY-yeHMN8NlJGhXkcHv24xxxUMElRVFY4Q1YwVDBUN0E3M0tMUlVWSzRMOC4
- Send Curriculum vitae, Application letter and NYSC Certificate to [email protected]
- Clearly indicate “ABJ202200361 EcoSec Generalist 2 JOS” as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
The deadline for the submission of applications will be 14.01.2023, 16:30hrs. Late applications will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Equal opportunities shall be provided to all employees and applicants for employment based on their demonstrated ability and competence without discrimination based on race, colour, religion, sex, nationality, status, disability etc.
(The ICRC values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive working environment)
We welcome applications from all qualified candidates; Female & People Living with Disability applicants are encouraged to apply.
ICRC will not request any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process