Who we are
EPPA is a specialized management consultancy that creates value for its clients by helping them to manage risks and opportunities arising from the ever-changing European political, regulatory and socio-economic landscape. Established in 1987, EPPA is a respected multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural consultancy with a pan-European reach. Our impressive track record in resolving major challenges related to public policy, regulatory affairs and societal issues is founded upon our in-depth knowledge, understanding and appreciation of the European and national political interface.Our unique approach focuses on creating a constructive dialogue with policy-makers; a dialogue that is cognizant of Europe’s rich cultural diversity. We work with all industry sectors, although we are particularly recognized for our work in the fields of agriculture, food & beverages, chemicals, energy, financial and other services, transport, ICT, as well as competition issues. Our clients are mostly multi-national companies but we also serve European or national industry federations and public authorities from outside the EU.
We offer a 6-month traineeship position for a Junior Economist to assist us in the following areas:
- Contribution to developing costs & benefits analysis (CBA) methodologies.
- Perform qualitative and quantitative assessment of policy options of different nature.
- Collecting data from relevant databases (Eurostat, OECD, FAO, etc.).
- Conducting peer reviews of publicly available studies (notably in the areas of environmental and health economics).
- Contributing to the drafting Socio-Economic Analysis (SEA).
- Monitoring EU policy developments in different areas.
- Overall support to partners and associates.
- Master’s degree in Economics, with a strong quantitative background. This is a must.
- Interest in EU decision-making and EU public affairs (knowledge of EU institutions, governance and politics is a plus).
- Ability to think in an abstract way.
- Strong skills in microeconomics and industrial organization.
- Good understanding of statistics and finance reports.
- Good academic record and proven writing skills.
- Excellent English (written and oral).
- Good research and analytical skills, good organizational and diplomatic skills, good communications skills – both oral and written.
- Team player, self-starter, entrepreneurial spirit, attentive listener and networker.
- Used to work in multinational team (e.g., Erasmus, multi-national master abroad, stage/internship in international organization or team).
- Experienced user of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Previous professional experience: not required.
- A competitive 6-month traineeship remunerated contract aligned with EU institutions.
- An international, intellectually stimulating, working environment.
- The opportunity to develop deep knowledge on how consultancy and EU public affairs work and to develop networks in this field.
How to Apply
To apply, please send your CV, a short cover letter, as well as Bachelor’s and Master’s transcripts (with lists of subjects and marks) to [email protected] For further information on the company, please visit www.eppa.com
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.