Junior Achievement of Southwest Florida
We envision a world where young people have the skillset and mindset to build thriving communities.
Junior Achievement of Southwest Florida’s purpose is to inspire and prepare young people to succeed. Junior Achievement reaches 14,800+ students annually in relevant, hands-on learning experiences that teach young people to manage their money, plan for their economic future, own their own businesses, and develop readiness for careers or college.
Junior Achievement associates are known for their passion for the JA mission that brings together business and education to work with students in kindergarten through high school, so they are empowered to own their economic success. Members of the JA team interact with community leaders who support JA with their time, talent, and treasure. Junior Achievement of Southwest Florida offers a collaborative, inclusive work environment and the opportunity to impact the lives of young people in our community.
POSITION CONCEPT: The Education Manager supervises the JA Education staff in implementation and expansion of JA programs. Duties include providing direction for all recruiting, training, and program management, and monitoring all programs for adherence to implementation models and quality. Develops yearly planning calendar for all programs and interacts with Board committees as needed.
- Supervise program quantity and quality.
- Assure volunteer recruiting and retention through individual renewals and company liaisons.
- Assistance in recruiting program class sponsorships.
- Develop and implement training programs/evaluations.
- Coordinate placement and scheduling of trained volunteers.
- Assure adherence to program implementation models and file all needed class registration forms and program variances.
- Develop and implement plan for teacher and volunteer contacts including class visits, newsletters, phone contacts, teacher visits, and call-back sessions.
- Solicit feedback from participants through a final evaluation instrument.
- In support of the strategic plan and budget, develop, coordinate, and deliver sales presentations to new school districts, schools, and prospective teachers. Renew commitments of all constituents.
- Implement current and new programs according to Strategic Plan
- Assist in the development of new strategic programming.
- Submit forecasts and interim reports to President.
- Develop and maintain good educator relationships.
- Develop, coordinate, and implement recognition programs that are of interest and value to participants, including events, scholarships, awards, and gifts.
- Manage the members of the Education team to include the effective recruiting, selection, training, development, and performance management that assures the acquisition and retention of a high-quality staff.
- Oversee volunteer programs and general records and staff correspondence with volunteers and prospects.
- Communicate with Marketing, Development, and Operations on volunteer needs.
- Supervise procurement and delivery of all program materials.
- Assist all program related Board committees in conducting their specific functions. Prepare materials for Board and Committee meetings per the President request.
- Work with President in supporting the financial requirements of the programs.
- Grant writing, coordination, and reporting.
- Other projects as required, including event support on weeknights, weekends and holidays.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience, plus minimum two years in business sales, marketing, nonprofit development, or volunteer recruitment/management experience. Presentation experience is necessary; computer literacy a must; should also be able to manage multiple priorities and high-level relationships. Must be a goal driven, initiative-taker who enjoys providing exceptional customer-focused service and building mutually beneficial networks of supporters. Demonstrated organizational and planning experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in business or education. Familiarity with area schools and business contacts.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 – $50,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 3 years
- 8 hour shift
Weekly day range:
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Fort Myers, FL: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Volunteer recruitment: 1 year (Preferred)
- Program management: 2 years (Required)
- Education administration: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.