UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, hope
How can you make a difference?
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Under the supervision of and in regular consultation with the supervisor, develop, implement and monitor country office programme on ECE/preschool education, including in the context of emergency preparedness and response. Responsible for the technical contribution to the development, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the programme interventions to advance the well-being and education of young children.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES and DUTIES & TASKS
Within the delegated authority and under the given organizational set-up, the incumbent may be assigned the primary, shared, or contributory accountabilities for all or part of the following areas of major duties and key end-results.
Technical leadership and support
Management, monitoring and delivery of results
Advocacy, networking and partnership building
Emergency Preparedness and Response
Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building:
QUALIFICATION and COMPETENCIES
University degree in one of the following fields: education, psychology, sociology, human development, child development, ECE, social sciences or other related disciplines.
Two years of relevant professional work experience at the national and/or international levels in programme/project development, planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation or administration.
Prior experience with programs supporting early childhood care and education as well as programs that support parents, children or front-line professionals is required.
Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
3. Language Proficiency
Fluency in English and Ukrainian is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) is an asset.
4. UNICEF values and competency Required (based on the updated Framework)
Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (1)
5. Technical Knowledge
a) Specific Technical Knowledge Required
(Technical knowledge requirements specific to the job can be added here as required.
• UNICEF policies and strategy to address ECE issues at international and national levels.
• Knowledge of global humanitarian issues, specifically relating to children and women, and the current UNCEF position and approaches.
• Knowledge of the principle of gender parity and equality.
b) Common Technical Knowledge Required
• The UNICEF mission statement; UNICEF Board policy papers and decisions.
• The Core Commitments for Children in Emergencies.
• The Convention on the Rights of the Child; Convention on the Elimination of All forms of Discrimination against Women.
• UNICEF Program Manuals, policy guidelines, ExDirs, PROs; Country Programme documentation.
• UNICEF personnel, financial, supply and administrative rules, regulations and manuals.
• National development plans and policies; Guidelines and manuals from NGO/donor partners
• Annual work plan.
• UNDAF; The UN Humanitarian Reform; IASC documents, guidelines and materials on UN Humanitarian Reform and the cluster approach.
• Information & Communications Technology literacy, including skills and knowledge of office system applications, LAN, internet navigation, telecommunications, and data analysis.
• Gender equality and diversity awareness
c) Technical Knowledge to be Acquired/Enhanced (for the Job)
• Knowledge of local conditions and country legislation relevant to UNICEF programmes.
• UN common approaches to programmatic issues and UNICEF positions in international developing cooperation.
UNICEF’s Core Values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust and Accountability(CRITA)underpin everything we do and how we do it. Get acquainted with Our Values Charter: https://uni.cf/UNICEFValues
UNICEF is here to serve the world’s most disadvantaged children and our global workforce must reflect the diversity of those children. The UNICEF family is committed to include everyone, irrespective of their race/ethnicity, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, socio-economic background, or any other personal characteristic.
We offer a wide range of benefits to our staff, including paid parental leave, breastfeeding breaks and reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. UNICEF strongly encourages the use of flexible working arrangements.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF is committed to promote the protection and safeguarding of all children. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
UNICEF appointments are subject to medical clearance. Issuance of a visa by the host country of the duty station, which will be facilitated by UNICEF, is required for IP positions. Appointments are also subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid). Government employees that are considered for employment with UNICEF are normally required to resign from their government before taking up an assignment with UNICEF. UNICEF reserves the right to withdraw an offer of appointment, without compensation, if a visa or medical clearance is not obtained, or necessary inoculation requirements are not met, within a reasonable period for any reason.
Advertised: 04 Oct 2022 FLE Daylight Time
Deadline: 24 Oct 2022 FLE Daylight Time
To help us track our recruitment effort, please specify on the application form/indicate in your cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.