NRC is looking for an Education Specialist to join the Bangladesh mission. The role holder will be responsible for setting the strategic direction and ensuring programme/technical development of the Education thematic area in Bangladesh. He/she will be oversee quality assurance and minimum standards; the development of tools and procedures; fundraising; donor relations; NRC representation; and provision of technical support to staff, working groups, and other sectors.
If you are an action-oriented, execution-driven, and hands-on executive; with strong coordination, networking, and stakeholder management skills; and a track record in youth and adolescent education, vocational capacity, and skills development, then this is the role for you!
What You Will Do
- Education strategy development.
- Youth education technical guidance and project implementation.
- Programme development.
- Tools, methodologies, guidelines, and procedures development and implementation.
- Representation of the organisation.
- Recruitment, induction, technical advice, skills transfer, and capacity building of staff.
- Stakeholder management and relationship management.
What You Will Bring
- Management, Specialist, and/or Adviser experience**.**
- Youth education and training expertise.
- Humanitarian/recovery context experience.
- Youth sector in Bangladesh knowledge.
- Start-up experience is an added advantage.
- South-East Asia context experience and knowledge.
- High risk, insecure, opaque, complex, and volatile context exposure.
- English fluency, both written and verbal.
What Makes This Position Attractive?
- The opportunity to work in the steadily growing NRC mission of Bangladesh that has scaled up since inception in 2018 to respond to the Rohingya influx, and that has an increasingly growing portfolio and funding. NRC interventions are used to increase the acceptance of humanitarian assistance amongst Rohingya and Bangladeshi populations.
- As of 2022, NRC is also working to respond to severe floods in Sylhet. Bangladesh is one of the world’s most disaster-prone countries while also hosting nearly 1 million Rohingya refugees. This is considered a protracted emergency in which displacement and recurrent climate disasters combine.
- Meaningful work that responds to the diverse needs, priorities, and concerns raised by beneficiary communities. The current context is set against a backdrop of continued conflict in Rakhine State, steady attenuation of humanitarian access, and political pressure to repatriate refugees. This is characterised by multiple localised emergencies adversely affecting communities and populations with low levels of resilience, high vulnerability, and acute poverty.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to join our work culture that empowers every employee to share ideas and take responsibility.
What We Offer
- Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh duty station.
- 12-months contract duration (renewable, subjecting to funding and need).
- 40% travel, approximately.
- Grade 9 in NRC’s Salary Scale. NRC offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
- NRC is an equal opportunities employer. In the selection of our staff, we are committed to diversity without distinction to age, gender, religion, ethnicity, nationality, and physical ability.
- We think outside the box, encourage ideas, and give responsibility to all employees at all levels. You will have many opportunities to be heard and take the initiative.
The full Job Description can be found on our website.
How to apply
In order to view the Job Description, and to apply, please click here.