Research Foundation for SUNY
The Professional Development Program (PDP) of the University at Albany’s Rockefeller College seeks a service-minded individual who is committed to performing high-quality work to fill a Computer Technology Trainer position within PDP’s Department of Computer Training Services in Albany, NY.
Description of Duties:
Under the direction of the manager or designee, this position will support the deployment and use of New York State (NYS) proprietary and/or off-the-shelf computer applications by delivering instructor-led classroom-based and virtual classroom technology training. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Deliver classroom, online/distance learning, and one-on-one training and training support.
- Assist with the development and review of training and training materials (including evaluation instruments), as needed.
- Provide research, assessment, quality assurance, and testing related to the use of various training methodologies (including instructor-led and self-paced distance learning) as well as related tools for delivering such training.
- Prepare computer labs and materials (trainer manuals, handouts, rosters) as required for training sessions.
- Keep current in job-related knowledge.
- Bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in technology-related training or training support experience.
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and demonstrated proficiency in use of email, electronic calendars, document templates, and the internet.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse groups, handle multiple priorities and work under pressure.
- Ability to learn new software applications in a timely fashion.
- Demonstrated proficiency with oral and written communication.
- Knowledge of and experience using distance learning methods.
- Applicants must address in their applications their ability to work with a culturally diverse population.
- Ability to lift and transport computer equipment up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to work variable days and hours and travel throughout NYS (including areas that may not be served by public transportation) may be required to deliver training.
- Master’s degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization, in a related field.
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat Pro, WebEx, or Adobe InDesign.
- Experience working with state or local government agencies, especially in the area of social services and related computer applications.
- Background in instructional design and/or adult education.
- Experience setting up and working with wireless PC networks and mobile labs.
Salary Range: Low $50’s
Federal law and regulations require notice to all prospective employees regarding crimes that have occurred on campus in the current three year period. Please refer to the following website for the complete Annual Security Report (“Clery Report”): http://police.albany.edu/asr.htm
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, The Research Foundation for SUNY will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.
The Research Foundation for The State University of New York offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. The University at Albany offers a variety of performing arts, world class libraries, and competitive sporting events.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.