Robert Land Academy
A unique opportunity to work in an all-boys military-themed boarding school located in West Lincoln, Ontario, a short drive from Hamilton, Niagara, and Haldimand.
Robert Land Academy (RLA)is a highly structured not-for-profit boarding school that has provided a safe, healthy, living and learning environment for boys in grades 5-12 since 1978.
THE FACULTY: The Academy’s academic faculty is comprised of men and women who are committed to teaching both in and out of the classroom. They instill not only knowledge but also the values to provide a framework within which knowledge can be used in a positive way.
Faculty members are familiar with each student’s learning characteristics, personality, strengths, and shortcomings. Common sense and hard work are the hallmarks of the faculty’s endeavours with students.
The Academy welcomes those applicants who wish to bring their skills and experience to this dynamic environment.
Average class size of 8 students.
As well as providing academic instruction under the Ontario curriculum, teachers perform the duties of House Master (non-residential) in charge of a section of approximately 10 Cadets. Duties also include counseling, coaching sports teams, running clubs, tutoring, and supervising meals and daily study halls. All teachers are Officers of the Academy and wear a uniform with appropriate rank.
Elementary Teacher – Grades 5-8
Fixed term, permanent and hourly contracts can be discussed during the interview.
Other teaching disciplines, as well as teacher/tutor positions, may also be available. Please indicate preference when applying
The successful applicant will:
- hold a degree in a related field;
- provide proof of relevant teaching experience. While membership in the Ontario College of Teachers or an equivalent teaching degree is an asset, it is not mandatory for applying to this position;
- be willing to work unconventional hours including weekends, and participate in extra-curricular activities before, during and after school;
- work as a positive influence within a team environment;
- communicate effectively with colleagues and students;
- have excellent oral and writing communication and presentation skills;
- be capable of fulfilling the physical requirements of the position;
- provide a satisfactory police certificate with vulnerable sector screening.
Start Date: Jan 2023 – Feb 2023
For further information and to apply online, visit www.rla.ca/careers
Job Types: Part-time, Fixed term contract
Salary: $24.00-$40.00 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Wellandport, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor’s Degree (required)
- Education: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.