The purpose of this consultancy is to provide training to build the capacity of community mobilizers and PSS facilitators that are implementing prevention activities and are working directly with key community leaders and community members aiming to transform the attitudes and norms that condone and reinforce violence against women. This training will enable key staff to implement Engaging Men through Accountable Practice guidelines through forming groups of men and engaging them in transforming their attitude to create safe environment for girls and women free from violence.
Number of working days and duration of consultancy: 25 actual working days in total – from the date of signing the contract until the end of March 2024 (5 days for training, 20 days for follow up and mentorship.)
- Assess target staff members capacity levels and expertise (using KIIs or surveys/tests)
- Adapt the developed engaging MHPSS interagency guidelines to the operational context and capacity levels/needs.
- Roll out the training in person (including administering pre- and post-tests)
- Monitor and follow up with trained staff members of partners on activity implementation including ToT for community mobilizers and PSS facilitators – Mentorship and follow up will be bi-monthly for four months.
Expected Outputs: (deliverables)
- Review and contextualize and adapt the Engaging Men and Boys training material (4 days of review and contextualization of material including meetings with stakeholders).
- Deliver a full in-person Engaging Men and Boys training package (curriculum to be delivered over 4-5 days for GBV prevention staff members)
- Draft and finalize training and trip report (3 days)
- Training the participants on the below subjects:
- Knowledge of the methodology of engaging men, its importance and how to apply it.
- Concepts of basic human needs and how they can affect the root for violence amongst men.
- Concepts of psychological abuse and their impact on personality
- how the self-image and identity of men is created and its impact on their practice of violence against their families
- Correcting the misconceptions of cultural and societal norms related to violence such as the concept of power and responsibility and the concept of masculinity and femininity and the impact of these concepts on the personality of men.
- Knowledge and skills for implementing the engaging men awareness sessions with beneficiaries in the targeted communities.
- Knowledge of the general concept of violence, its causes, manifestation, and the impact of violence and discrimination on men and women
- Renewing ideas skills (including managing feelings – presence – boundaries)
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
Required Qualification and Experience:
University degree in social science, human rights, or a related field with a minimum of 4 years of experience
Demonstrable experience (at least 4 years) in research/evaluation of training-related programs on EMAP.
At least 4 years of experience working with men to prevent GBV.
implementing GBV prevention programming in development and/or humanitarian settings, preferably in the Middle East.
Knowledge of EMAP global guidelines.
Excellent English communication (quality writing and presentation)
Strong Command over written and verbal communication
Proficiency in English; Arabic and Kurdish added value
Mastery of the basic computer tools (Word, Xcel, PPT, )
How To Apply
If you are interested in this role, please submit your application in English language (CV and Cover Letter) to CARE’s Human Resource Department at [email protected] no later than 30 November 2023. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
-Please write name of the position (Engaging Men and Boys consultant) in the subject line otherwise it will not be considered.
-Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
CARE has zero tolerance for sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and child abuse. CARE takes all concerns and complaints about sexual harassment, exploitation and sexual abuse as well as child abuse by CARE staff and related personnel very seriously. CARE International has therefore drawn up the CARE International Safeguarding Policy on Protection from Sexual Harassment, Exploitation and Abuse, and Child Abuse CARE staff and its related personnel must adhere to CARE’s core values which are Transformation, Integrity, Diversity, Equality, and Excellence
-For any inquiries regarding this position, please contact CARE Iraq HR Manager through [email protected]
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.