Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for Engineering Coordinator with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry. Candidates must be able to work on daily basis; we are only considering applications from local Iraqi nationals preferably residing in Iraq, Basra.
- Reporting to the Engineering Manager / Project Manager, the candidate will be responsible for the coordination of activities across engineering disciplines and inter discipline.
- Liaise with the Client’s Engineering, Operations and Maintenance staff as required on engineering delivery issues.
- Support scope & CTR development against ESR / WO request from Client.
- Point of contact / coordination for in country engineering queries.
- Support EM/PM across all the technical and administrative duties carried out on a day-to-day basis with a view to improving the efficiency of delivery.
- Support on engineering recruitment to help facilitate timely mobilization of personnel
- Support project schedule, resource allocation, progress updates.
- Ensure that all work is completed without compromise to quality and is delivered according to the project schedule.
- To co-ordinate engineering disciplines during all stages of design development including Concept and FEED, EPC Execution.
- To provide technical coordination to delivery team in terms of quality management, project delivery and resource development.
- Promote safe behavior at all times.
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in relevant Engineering Discipline
- Membership of a recognized professional institute preferred
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the oil and gas industry
- Minimum of 5 years proven capability in an engineering design company
- Experience in brownfield engineering management associated with MOCs or small/medium scale jobs
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of engineering design and project delivery
- Awareness of relevant international codes and standards
- Experience with company business management system and quality assurance processes
- Experience of the application of HAZOP, HAZID and SIL Rating to Engineering Design
- Demonstrated experience and previous track record in a similar role
- Experience of working with multi-national and multi-cultural project teams is strongly preferred
- Previous experience of working in the Middle East would be an advantage
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!
Apply for this job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.