OHES, Part of the Adler and Allan Group
About the Company
The Adler and Allan Group provides market leading environmental risk reduction through
preventative and responsive solutions offering an expert 24-7 service to our customers.
For over 90 years we have given our customers peace of mind in detecting and identifying the
environmental risks posed to their business. We have over 100 services lines to keep businesses
strong, reducing the prospect of litigation, costly fines and bad publicity, as well as
reducing the threat to the environment. In a world where the environment and legislation are in
constant flux, we also provide emergency response in a variety of settings. We operate across
more than 50 market sectors including energy infrastructure, water & utilities, insurance
Within the Adler and Allan Group, we have the Environmental Consultancy team, which is a
multi-disciplinary consultancy operating across the UK and the Republic of Ireland. The
consultancy has grown and diversified to a point where the business is led and staffed by some
of the most professional and experienced consultants in the UK marketplace. The Environmental
Consultancy team works closely with the Group to provide a market-leading response service to
environmental incidents. This includes coordinating environmental responses, carrying out
investigations, liaising with regulators, formulating remediation strategies and delivery of
schemes until project completion. In addition to this we provide a range of consultancy
services to our clients including environmental due diligence, property transaction support and
environmental risk management surveys.
We are currently recruiting for Environmental consultants throughout the UK at all grades
ranging from Graduate Environmental Consultant to Principal Environmental Consultant.
The Adler & Allan Group are an ambitious and growing business and we are seeking aspiring
and driven individuals who are looking to develop their skills, broaden their experience and
progress their careers within the environmental sector.
Due to Adler & Allan’s strong position in the UK’s environmental response market the role
provides the opportunity to lead or support some of the most complex and high-profile land and
marine environmental incidents in the UK. This is in addition to providing a wide range of
environmental consultancy services to clients across the property, energy and utilities
The post holder will utilise their technical knowledge of contaminated land consultancy, to
carry out environmental investigation, assessment, reporting and remediation verification
whilst carrying our project management duties as part of a regional delivery team.
All our roles are home-based, with attendance to sites and offices as required, allowing good
coverage of the UK.
Employed on a full-time basis (with core hours of 9am-5pm Monday – Friday), there may also be a
requirement for the postholder to satisfy overtime requirements which will on occasion require
overnight stay away from home.
Key tasks and accountabilities associated with this role are as follows:
- Delivery of environmental consultancy services and project management of environmental
incidents from emergency response through to remediation and validation.
- Liaison with all stakeholders including clients, contractors, and homeowners.
- Undertaking site investigations to determine the extent and severity of impact and
assessing environmental risks.
- Logging of soils during investigations to a high standard and in accordance with best
- Preparing health, safety and environmental documentation including risk assessments and
method statements along with reporting of H&S near misses and positive observations
- Management and planning of site investigations, monitoring, remedial and validation works.
- Scheduling and interpretation of field and laboratory data
- Production of interpretive environmental reports including conceptual site models (CSM) and
preliminary (PRA) and generic quantitative risk assessments (GQRA)
- Undertaking and supporting the design, implementation and verification of environmental
- Demonstrating a commitment to ensuring consistently high levels of safety, technical
robustness, commercial awareness, organisation, and customer satisfaction
- Undertaking quality assurance and safety performance audits
- Participating in business development activities as a technical advisor and managing key
- Writing high standard reports which are technically sound and commercially focused.
This is not an exhaustive list and the successful applicant will be required to undertake any
other duties for which they are capable to satisfy.
Environmental Consultant requirements:
- A degree in a relevant earth science, or geo-environmental discipline and, ideally, be a
member of a relevant professional organisation.
- An MSc in a relevant subject (beneficial but not essential)
- 1 or more years’ work experience in managing environmental incidents, carrying out
contaminated land surveys and site investigations, with knowledge of available drilling
- Possess knowledge of remediation technologies for contaminated soil and groundwater
- Have experience of operating on contaminated land projects where there is petroleum
- Have a working knowledge of CLR11 and BS10175
- Be proficient in logging soil and rock in accordance with BS5930
- Have strong skills in the development and updating of CSMs.
- Possess the ability to work together in a team and also demonstrate the drive and
self-motivation to work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Possess the ability to take ownership of and manage projects to meet deadlines and project
- Possess experience / sound knowledge of current and emerging environmental legislation,
guidance, and best practice applicable to contaminated land consultancy.
- Possess practical experience of the chemical analyses which can be performed on soil,
water, and air samples.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate via clear
and prompt written and verbal communications to colleagues, clients, contractors, regulators,
and other consultants.
- Be competent and diligent in the production of technical reports to a high standard, that
are commercially focused and to meet challenging deadlines.
- Demonstrate a good degree of flexibility and possess strong organisational and time
- Be computer literate and proficient in the use of Microsoft applications.
As there will be travel to any location within the Company’s operational footprint; therefore,
possession of a full, clean UK driving licence is essential for this role. In addition, a full
Criminal Records Check will be required due to the environments in which the post-holders will
be deployed. All applicants must have right to work in the UK, and will be subject to a DBS
check due to the nature of the environments we work in.
Environmental Consultant Benefits:
- Competitive salary range of £21-£42k (depending on capability & experience)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Company car or car allowance
- 25 days + 8 bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Refer a friend scheme
- Opportunity to earn a bonus
- Regular opportunities for training and development
- Life Assurance Scheme (4 x annual salary)
- Employee Assistance Programme (including access to GP appointments, Physio appointments and
Mental Health Support)
If you think that you are suitable for this vacancy, please apply now!
For more information, please contact [email protected]
Find out more & apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobstenders.net) you saw this internship posting.