Inter-American Development Bank
The Office of Evaluation and Oversight (OVE) is responsible for evaluating all aspects of the IDB Group’s work. OVE undertakes independent and systematic evaluations of the IDB Group’s strategies, policies, programs, activities, delivery support functions, and systems. It disseminates findings of the evaluations so that recommendations for improvement can be used in the design, appraisal, and execution of new operations, providing oversight and support for the enhancement of the effectiveness of the IDB Group’s evaluation system.
What you’ll do:
- participate in evaluation teams examining issues of development effectiveness of IDB and IDB Invest activities at the project, sector, and country program level and undertake special studies, annual reviews, and evaluations of important corporate policies, systems, and initiatives.
- Support to IDB Group’s Self-Evaluation System: participate in reviews and validations of management self-evaluations of public and private sector operations.
- work with multidisciplinary teams to help communicate evaluation findings within and beyond the IDB Group.
- Support to OVE’s Mission: contribute to high-quality evaluations and skills building in OVE by participating in peer reviews of OVE products, providing guidance to consultants and Research Fellows, and participating actively in ad hoc working groups and other OVE initiatives.
What you’ll need:
- Master’s degree in evaluation, economics, finance, engineering, social policy, public policy, or related discipline, with broad knowledge of international development issues.
- At least 4 years of relevant hands-on experience, in economic development, including experience in a policy or operational position in a government, multilateral organization, donor agency, think tank, NGO, consulting firm, or a private financier dealing with issues of economic, environmental or social policy, project finance or development effectiveness. Experience in one or several of the following is a plus:
- Participating in evaluations of development projects or operations
- Participating in operations at the IDB or other multilateral organizations or donor agency
- Working in the LAC region
- Experience in any of the following sectors: Infrastructure (e.g.: energy, transport, water, and sanitation, or urban infrastructure); Public sector and institutions (e.g.: public sector reform, taxation, and fiscal affairs, public financial management, regulation); Private sector development (e.g.: investment climate, financial inclusion, entrepreneurship, innovation, or business regulation)
- Analytical and Critical thinking: Able to analyze large amounts of qualitative and quantitative information on complex topics to understand and contribute to assessing and developing recommendations. Need to balance attention to detail with the ability to understand the big picture, then synthesize your insights to communicate them in a concise and persuasive way.
- Strong analytical, writing, and verbal skills, including validated knowledge of research and/or evaluation methods and experience in one or more key IDB Group Sectors. Ability to work effectively as a team member with autonomy.
- Proficiency in English and either Spanish, French, or Portuguese. In case you are not fully fluent in Spanish, we will ask you to commit to training since the skill is critical for long-term success in the role.
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.
Project Assistant United Nations Development Programme Experience: 0 to 3 Years Islamabad, Pakistan Apply By: 10-02-2023AnywhereAnywhere
SUPPORTER ENGAGEMENT OFFICER AMERICASThe Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and MalariaMexicoMexico
Preparation/update of Protected Areas Management Plans integrating CCA measuresUnited Nations Development ProgrammeAnywhereAnywhere
Project Coordinator Oxfam Experience: 5 to 10 Years Addis Ababa, Ethiopia Apply By: 06-02-2023AnywhereAnywhere