We’re looking for an experienced events coordinator who is enthusiastic and confident person to
work in our Marketing Team to develop and organise events that support our objectives.
This role be a good fit for someone who is well organised, adaptable, proactive, a creative
thinker and can get the job done whilst developing great internal relationships with our
Some of the tasks you’ll be doing:
- Working with colleagues to generate original concepts and planning every detail of an event
- Planning before, during and after event activity – bringing events in on time and in budget
- Contacting speakers and managing their attendance
- Updating colleagues and informing them of issues or changes to the event plan
- Approaching relevant suppliers and contractors to negotiate competitive pricing
- Ensuring that events are in line with the Association’s brand
- Ensure sponsors agreed needs are met
- Being present on the day of an event to ensure that things run smoothly
- Insuring that all parties adhere to the relevant health, safety and insurance regulations
- Overseeing post-event activities, such as the cleaning of venues and the payment of
suppliers and contractors
The role will be based in our London office, which is just of the Strand, with a provision for regular homeworking (currently
2 days in the office; and the option to work 3 days remotely).
Occasionally you will travel to our members offices, or other UK venues.
We offer 25 days annual leave.
Who we’re looking for:
You’ll have a strong interest in the issues around climate change and running events for a
trade association. You’ll also have the core qualities to make a success of the role:
confidence, good verbal and written communication skills, a keenness to learn, ability to use
own initiative, collaborative and an attitude to getting tasks effectively completed in an
efficient manner. Whilst you will work alongside other colleagues, you will be expected to
manage and progress your own workload. You’ll also be confident in talking to senior staff when
prospecting for new members.
An understanding of the core MS Office tools (Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint) is essential for this role and knowledge of Adobe
Cloud (Illustrator and Photoshop) will be very useful. In addition, experience in
using a CRM system will be extremely valuable, however some training and coaching will be given
to help you make the most of this role.
The Association for Renewable Energy and Clean Technology (REA) is a not-for-profit trade
association established in 2001 and is the only UK trade body representing the full range of
renewable technologies across all applications covering power, heat, transport and clean
We are the largest UK trade association for renewable energy and clean technologies and our 550
members companies are at the forefront of delivering solutions needed to address climate
change. Our mission is to support them by growing the renewable energy and clean technology
economy through securing the best legislative and regulatory framework for expanding the sector
here in the UK.
Everything we do centres around providing the highest service and professional standards to our
members and industry stakeholders. We’re also committed to improving equality, diversity and
To apply, please email Lindsay Barnett – Director of Membership, Marketing and Events at [email protected]
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this internship posting.