We support peace and prosperity by building connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and countries worldwide.
We work directly with individuals to help them gain the skills, confidence and connections to transform their lives and shape a better world in partnership with the UK. We support them to build networks and explore creative ideas, to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications.
Working with people in over 200 countries and territories, we are on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 202122 we reached 650 million people.
Examiner Pool Officer
The purpose of this role is to communicate the schedule to examiners, manage their travel arrangements, timely processing of their payment. To keep the examiner records, file and monitoring data up to date. To report any issues and complaints related to or from examiners and consolidate it for sharing with manager.
Main accountabilities but not limited to the following:
Product Service Delivery
- Execute the activities supporting the short and long term resourcing strategy developed by the manager.
- Facilitate the Manager for examiner (including Schools, and where needed for Practical) recruitment processes administrative requirements.
- Assist the manager in induction, training, and repeat training for Examiners
- Ensure BOSS, IWAS, PSN and other required systems are kept up to date with Examiners details and status
- Work with Test Day Manager to develop Test Day resource plan to match individuals to required resource profile
- Report and Consolidate enquiries and issues from examiners.
- Ensures that examiner payment is up to date and rates are revised when needed in consultation with CEM
- To identify areas of improvement from feedback gathered to strengthen the relationship of examiner and venue staff
Relationship & stakeholder management
- Advises on or directly engage with Examiners when and issues/ complaints arise to provide solutions
- Develops good working relationships with appropriate colleagues
Risk & compliance
- Highlight IELTS examiner capacity risks in advance and long and short-term develop approaches to resolve them
- Implements the points mentioned in IELTS AOD and QCA related to examiner management and monitoring
- Manage any issues with Examiner standards or behaviour through appropriate channels
Analysis & reporting
- Supports daily/weekly planning/capacity meetings
- Develops a weekly/ monthly payment report/ progress report for manager
Child Protection requirement:
- The post holder will understand the importance of child protection and ensure polices and processes are in place to offer maximum protection of young people at all relevant events and venues and ensure compliance with the British Council Child Protection policy.
- Escalating concerns relating to Child Protection (CP) to the CP FP and/ or Senior Manager as appropriate
Role specific knowledge and experience:
- Building and maintaining stakeholder relationships
- Good knowledge of Ms Excel
Pay Band 4/H
Contract Type Indefinite Contract
Location Lahore, Pakistan
Requirements –Candidates must have the pre-existing right to live and work in Pakistan.
Closing Date Monday, 13 November 2023.
A connected and trusted UK in a more connected and trusted world.
Equality , Diversity, and Inclusion(EDI) Statement
The British Council is committed to policies and practices of equality, diversity and inclusion across everything we do. We support all staff to make sure their behaviour is consistent with this commitment. We want to address under representation and encourage applicants from under-represented groups, in particular, but not exclusively, on grounds of ethnicity and disability. All disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria are guaranteed an interview and we have Disability Confident Employer Status. We welcome discussions about specific requirements or adjustments to enable participation and engagement in our work and activities.
The British Council iscommitted to safeguarding children, young people and adults who we work with.
We believe that all children and adults everywhere in the world deserve to live in safe environments and have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse, maltreatment and exploitation as set out in article 19, UNCRC (United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child) 1989.
Appointment to positions where there is direct involvement with vulnerable groups will be dependent on thorough checks being completed; these will include qualification checks, reference checks, identity & criminal record checks in line with legal requirements and with the British Councils Safeguarding policies for Adults and Children.
If you have any problems with your application please email [email protected]
Please note: Applications to this role can only be considered when made through the Apply section of our careers website. Our ASK HR email is only to be used in case of a technical issue encountered when applying through the careers website. Emails with supporting statements and CV/Resumes sent to this email address will not be reviewed and will be deleted.
Apply for this job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this posting.