University of Tasmania
Apply now Job no:499394
Work type:Full time
- Join our passionate, busy and friendly school administration team
- Full time Ongoing position
- Based in Hobart, Launceston considered for the right candidate
We are seeking to appoint an Executive Officer to support our Heads of School in the Schools of Architecture and Design, Engineering, Geography, Planning, and Spatial Sciences, and Information and Communication Technology in the College of Sciences and Engineering.
The Executive Assistant provides high-level executive and administrative support to the Heads of Schools and their Senior Management Teams and selected committees. The Executive Assistant works within the four Schools Operations Team, ensuring timely and professional support is provided for processes within the scope of the role.
- Provide high level executive and administrative support to four Heads of Schools.
- Provide support for school meetings, senior management teams and selected committees.
- At the request of the Heads of School, provide logistical support and catering for meetings, conferences and events.
- Work effectively alongside relevant administrative staff to ensure processes are upheld and tasks completed.
- Collaborate with a wide range of staff across the University to assist in the coordination of visiting delegations to the Schools, coordinate marketing activities and facilitate School involvement in University events.
- Apply detailed knowledge and understanding of university delegations and approvals policies, systems and processes, and provide Heads of Schools with timely and regular advice in relation to approval requests.
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate:
- Completion of a degree/diploma in a relevant field with subsequent relevant work experience or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- High level organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise tasks, meet multiple deadlines, manage a diverse range of administrative tasks, provide excellent customer service, exercise diplomacy and maintain confidentiality.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills, with the proven capacity and confidence to build relationships and effectively communicate and negotiate with a diverse range of stakeholders at all levels and work effectively within a team environment.
- High level computer skills including excellent word processing skills, and experience in the use of email, online communication tools, spreadsheets and diary management applications. Experience using Office 365 applications, including Teams, OneDrive, Forms and Power Automate is desirable.
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 5 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $99,698 comprising base salary within the range of $76,302 to $85,212 plus 17% superannuation.
How to Apply
- To apply online, please provide your CV and 1-2-page cover letter outlining your interest in the role, skills, capabilities and experience. You do not need to separately address the success profile.
- For further information about this position, please contact Carl Bennett, School Coordinator, [email protected] or 03 6226 2956.
- Please visit https://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
- Please refer to the attached Position Description Below for full details.
Position Description – 499394 – Executive Assistant.pdf
Applications close Wednesday, 22 November 2023, 11.55pm
To be eligible for this position, you are required to have Australian citizenship, permanent residence or a current valid visa that allows you to fulfil the requirements of this role.
Advertised:08 Nov 2023 Tasmania Daylight Time
Applications close:22 Nov 2023 Tasmania Daylight Time
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.