International Union for Conservation of Nature
The Executive Assistant will guarantee a smooth, efficient and effectively run office in Bonn. Under the supervision of the Director of the European Regional Office (EURO), the Executive Assistant will provide support to the European Regional Director in all aspects of his work and ensure that the IUCN Bonn Office is properly managed.
The Executive Assistant is often the first point of contact for the Regional Director for both internal and outside enquiries. The Executive Assistant is expected to handle sensitive and confidential information and demonstrate the highest levels of integrity and discretion. The role requires excellent multicultural communication and inter-personal skills and an overview of the workings of the entire organisation in Europe.
The Executive Assistant is expected to work in close coordination with other team members of EURO, IUCN Headquarters, the Regional Office for Eastern Europe and Central Asia and the Centre for Mediterranean Cooperation.
In addition to these tasks, the Executive Assistant will be responsible for office management in Bonn, ensuring smooth communication with Bonn-based staff and external partners.
Main Duties And Responsibilities
Assistance to EURO Director:
- Serves as the first point of contact for the EURO Director for internal and external parties;
- Manages the Director’s daily schedule and office task list;
- Arranges the Director’s meetings, ensuring agenda and documentation are made available and distributed in a timely manner;
- On a needs’ basis, acts as rapporteur and prepares and distributes minutes/updates; monitors follow-up actions as required;
- Undertakes and effectively organizes the Director’s participation in all events related to IUCN’s work
- Makes logistical arrangements for internal and external meetings of the Director;
- Responsible for the Director’s travel arrangements, prior and after travel (TA, transportation, visa, accommodation, itinerary, briefing book, Daily Subsistence Allowance, expense claims, STO and BTOR);
- Drafts letters and memoranda for final approval and signature by the Regional Director;
- Reviews and logs all incoming correspondence to ensure timely action on delegated items;
- Maintains and updates contact lists and archives and ensures the general efficient functioning of the Regional Director;
- Prepares invoices, payment requests and expense claims for the Director cost center and manages petty cash;
- Prepares informal translations from/to English to/from German;
- Other duties as may be required.
- Manage the facility of the IUCN in Bonn;
- Serve as the focal point for German authorities and partners;
- Liaise and interact with German Government and local authorities on the IUCN operation in Germany;
- Ensure that insurance and security is in order;
- Regularly update office regulations and guidelines and keep the Bonn staff up to date;
- Ensure sufficient office supplies;
- Coordinate and supervise logistics for meetings and events in Bonn;
- Prepare office seating plans and ensure office space optimization;
- Organize office cleaning and maintenance;
- Perform other duties related to the facility management, as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a subject related to business administration or operations;
- At least 5 years of professional experience of which 3 years in a relevant position;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Computer literacy in MS Office packages;
- Experience in business administration, work schedule planning and document filing;
- Timely and accurate handling of administrative tasks;
- Fast and immaculate typing and proof-reading skills;
- Ability to communicate effective both orally and in writing in English and German; knowledge of other IUCN languages is an asset;
- Ability to work with multi-disciplinary groups in an interdisciplinary and intercultural environment;
- Team-oriented attitude and ability to work independently.
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.
Chef de PartiePlatinum Recruitment ConsultancyDarlington, County DurhamDarlington, County Durham
Transform Precision Forms AnalystNormaMaintal, HessenMaintal, Hessen
Senior Solutions Design ManagerGXO LogisticsNorthamptonNorthampton
Programme Assistant, (GS-5), Tegucigalpa, Honduras, #110060, Fixed TermUNICEF GlobalHondurasHonduras