Danish Refugee Council
WHO ARE WE?
TheDanish Refugee Councilassists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunities for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and whenever possible for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956 and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.All our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, honesty, and transparency.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Explosive Ordinance Risk Education Team Leader is overall responsible for managing risk education in the central region. In coordination with area program manager & area manager, team leader is responsible for coordination with relevant stakeholders including DMAC and deployment of risk education teams in field based on agreed monthly plan. The team leader is responsible for maintaining quality of EORE work in the field with technical support of the country office technical unit and provide support to enhance EORE activities for reaching the project goals and objectives.
- Regularly visit and appraise the work of the EORE teams in all locations including UNHCR center if relevant, providing support and feedback.
- Be responsible for quantity of EORE distribution material and let EORE coordinator in the picture in advance in case quantity is near to lull at any of the projected areas.
- The external QA visit reports to be shared with relevant management structure in place in DRC at area office and country office including EORE Coordinator and should provide feedback/action as instructed by line manager.
- Check all equipment and training material of the team for any damages monthly basis and report accordingly.
- Report the EORE teams weekly and monthly progress to the HMA Manager and any technical issues to the EORE coordinator.
- Report to RO DMAC/LO on any newly discovered mine accidents, incidents, SHAs, mines and UXOs through EORE coordinator.
- Keep an eye on security situations and in case of any security concerns; share the information with DRC security focal point.
- Collect and compile UXO hotline information during community visits and share it with DMAC/LO hotline number on the spot.
- In close coordination with area manager ensure good communication and coordination with DMAC/LO, UNHCR, local communities, local authorities and other relevant stakeholders.
- Prepare monthly plan for risk education teams in central region and ensure deployment of follow of team in field based on monthly plan.
- Brief the visitors, EORE coordinator and internal/external QA with regards to EORE work and any information gathered about beneficiaries.
- Conduct regular review of EORE progress and pre-post data to ensure the activity is implemented as per SOP and guideline.
- Update the IPTT for the relevant projects.
- Record the events such as training, workshop, re-deployment and recruitment etc and report to EORE Coordinator for donor reporting.
- Maintain regular communication with other DRC sectors for referral and integrated programming.
- Contract length: till 31st of December 2023 with the possibility of extension.
- Band: NMG
- Designation of Duty Station: Kabul Travel to various provinces in the central region.
- DRC has Flexible working hours for Female staff as per DRC Policy.
- 13th months salary Will be paid by the end of each month with salary.
- Top-up credit card as per office regulations.
- 1+1 Health Insurance will be provided by DRC.
- Eid Bonus.
- DRC provide Transport allowance/ Transportation Facilities for female and people with disability.
- DRC Provides kindergarten/daycare allowance for max 2 children Applicable for female mothers.
- Per diem allowance for employee and her Mahram – Applicable for female
- Salary and conditions will be in accordance with the DRC salary scale.
To be successful in this role you must have:
Experience and technical competencies:
- Minimum three years experience in project & and people management NGO.
- Proven experience of working directly with Afghan communities and local authorities.
- Solid computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and report-writing ability
- Experience in managing risk education team of mine action teams preferred.
- Basic knowledge of IMSMA preferred.
- Certificate in quality assurance is an asset.
- Bachelors Degree
- Pashto, Dari & English fluency
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking the below Apply button. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV-only applications will not be considered.
Apply for this job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this internship posting.