Fiddler's Creek Foundation, Inc
Under general direction from department director, organizes, monitors, and performs a variety of maintenance operations for interior/exterior facilities including electrical, refrigeration, plumbing, heating/cooling, structural, painting, commercial pool, carpentry, recycling, ground care, and parking areas. Supervise a team performing maintenance work necessary to maintain the property in an efficient condition to ensure the safety and comfort of members, guests, and team member. Performs the more technical and complex tasks for the work team.
- Oversees a team performing maintenance work while also participating in the maintenance and repairs of interior, exterior, and common grounds of the Club & Spa (C&S) property. Including plumbing, heating/cooling, ice machines, swimming pools, electrical, kitchen equipment, refrigeration, laundry, emergency generators, switch rooms, life safety equipment, and sewage systems.
- Troubleshoot, evaluate, and make recommendations for repairs in a timely, cost effective manner according to specifications.
- Provide recommendations to upgrade preventive maintenance operations and/or implement savings opportunities.
- Purchase necessary supplies, tools, and equipment within assigned budgetary guidelines.
- Monitor outside contractors to ensure complete and acceptable service is provided.
- Respond to member/guest requests in a friendly, professional manner.
- Utilize maintenance program to track work orders, preventive maintenance, daily property inspections, inventory, and equipment replacement histories.
- Oversee and maintain the usage of gas, water, and electric utilities.
- Conduct regular safety, security, departmental procedures, and service guidelines training programs.
- Establish schedule, training, development, and provide evaluations for assigned facilities staff.
- Assist in the preparation of various contracts, requests for proposals, and facilities reports.
- Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency, and company directives as related to building operations and practice safe work habits.
- Act as a first responder during emergency situations and natural disasters.
- Coordinate special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 4-5 years of increasingly responsible facilities maintenance experience including some supervisory experience.
- 2-3 years of related experience in a resort property highly advantageous.
- Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Trade school certificate(s) in HVAC, electrical, plumbing is/are preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Ability to use technology such as smart phones, tablets, computers, web-based applications, and building automation systems.
- Intermediate knowledge of trade activities in plumbing, carpentry, painting, electrical, and mechanical work.
- Advance mechanical aptitude for operation and repair of kitchen equipment and appliances.
- Exert proficiency in the use of a variety of hand and electric trade tools.
- Listen effectively; speak, read, and write fluently in English language.
- Prioritize and manage multiple tasks; work well in fast-paced, high-pressure situations with little to no supervision.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, and customer service skills.
- Flexibility to work schedule- including nights, weekends, holidays, and fluctuating days off.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle (valid license required).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS – ABILITY TO:
- Grasp, lift, carry or transport boxes/ packages with sufficient manual dexterity in both hands
- Load and unload carts up to 65 lbs. and push/pull wheeled carts weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Climb stairs and ladders, working at heights up to approximately 30 feet for extended periods.
- Reach with hands and arms, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Stand and walk for length of scheduled shift.
- Perform duties of the job while exposed to sun and hot weather conditions for prolonged periods.
- Determine accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned through visual acuity.
- Express and exchange ideas by means of the spoken word accurately, loudly and quickly.
- Effectively communicate and interact with co-workers, managers, vendors, or residents sufficient to exchange or convey information and to give or receive work direction.
- Withstand a moderate noise level.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified. Management reserves the right to revise or amend duties at any time.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.