Harvard Medical School
- Complex calendar management (scheduling meetings, prioritizing appointments, and travel)
- Complex travel arrangements, providing detailed agendas for travel; limited now with pandemic
- Screen and effectively answer a large volume of email
- Draft letters for revision using templates, and subsequent editing as needed
- Support faculty members in the preparation and submission of letters, grants, and manuscripts for publication
- Preparation of slides using PowerPoint and figures for manuscripts using Adobe Illustrator Update and submit materials for training grant renewals.
- Continuously maintain faculty member’s CV, including adding information as it arises in the course of work
- Maintain contact lists
- Manage usernames/passwords. Renew various memberships
- Perform periodic scientific literature searches (PubMed)
- Interface with the laboratory and keep records of fellowships, biosketches and CV’s of lab members. Organize office including development of filing system and keeping organized files of all letters and correspondences – in some cases both electronic and hard copy
- Prepare expense reports and forms for reimbursements.
- Organize meetings and events of various size, including arrangement of food and beverages. Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of two years administrative experience with high level of responsibility and independence
- Higher education may count towards experience.
Additional Qualifications and Skills
- Able to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion
- Impeccably detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Superior interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Dependable and with a “Can Do” attitude
- Confidence in use of computer systems (preferably Mac) to assist faculty members in various duties
- Extensive experience with computer software such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Illustrator, Dropbox, Zoom, Skype, and FaceTime
- Able to work independently as well as with other office staff
- Able to exercise discretion and judgment in areas of responsibility
- Assertive yet professional in taking responsibility
- Able to be flexible in an environment in which change happens; basic knowledge of neuroscience or experience in an academic setting a plus.
This is a one-year term position from the date of hire, with the possibility of extension, contingent upon work performance and continued funding to support the position.
This is an in-person position based on our campus in Boston.
Please also note this is a part-time, 20 hours (.6 FTE) per week position.
The University requires all Harvard community members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and remain up to date with COVID-19 vaccine boosters, as detailed in Harvard’s Vaccine & Booster Requirements . Individuals may claim exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons. More information regarding the University’s COVID vaccination requirement, exemptions, and verification of vaccination status may be found at the University’s “COVID-19 Vaccine Information” webpage: http://www.harvard.edu/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine-information/ .
Please note that we are currently conducting a majority of interviews and onboarding remotely and virtually. We appreciate your understanding.
Harvard University offers an outstanding benefits package including:
- Time Off: 3 – 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 12.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year.
- Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
- Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
- Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, incredibly affordable classes directly at the Harvard Extension School, and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
- Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
- Wellness options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation, and complementary health services.
- Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events, and many discounts throughout metro Boston.
The Harvard Medical School is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
Not ready to apply? Join our talent community to keep in touch and learn about future opportunities!
USA – MA – Boston
403028 Faculty Assistant II
55 – Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers
Part-time schedule tendersglobal.net 20 hrs per week
Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging
We are committed to cultivating an inclusive workplace culture of faculty, staff, and students with diverse backgrounds, styles, abilities, and motivations. We appreciate and leverage the capabilities, insights, and ideas of all individuals. Harvard Medical School Mission and Community Values
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.