Child & Family Services of Central Manitoba Inc.
Child & Family Services of Central Manitoba Inc. is seeking an enthusiastic and skilled person for the position of Family Service Worker. CFS-CM is a non-profit charitable organization with a history of applying innovative models in service delivery. We use a strength-based approach in supporting families. This position is located in Winkler.
- Extended Health and Dental 100% employer paid
- 4 weeks vacation per year to start
- Gas reimbursement provided depending on distance of commute
- Government pension
- Paid sick leave and personal days
· To accept referrals from Intake on clients deemed appropriate under the Child and Family Services Act.
· Provide on-going assessment, case planning and case management services on assigned files.
· To make appropriate referrals to other community services for treatment or other services where required.
· To bring children into the care of the agency, where appropriate, and to act in the best interests of those children.
· To work collaboratively with foster parents, other workers and other service providers to ensure the best interest of client families.
· Be familiar with and to comply with all provincial legislation, regulations and standards and with Agency and Authority policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Requirements:
· Bachelor of Social Work or Masters of Social Work with a background in Child and Family Services required.
· A valid driver’s license is required. The successful candidate will be subject to Criminal Records, Child Abuse and Prior Contact Checks.
· Experience with computers, the ability to prioritize and organize tasks, interpersonal skills, and excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
· Experience working both independently and as part of a team are required.
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $51,559.00-$77,727.37 per year
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
All candidates contacted for an interview are required to wear a mask during the interview and properly social distance.
- Do you live within the Winkler area?
- Do you have your Bachelor of Social Work?
- Bachelor’s Degree (required)
Application deadline: 2021-05-03
Expected start date: 2022-10-31
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.