Institute for Family Development
WHO WE ARE
The Institute for Family Development (IFD) is a recognized leader in providing services that keep children safe, strengthen families, and reduce out of home placement. Founded in 1982, we are an international leader in the child welfare field.
Social justice is a foundational value of our organization, and we are fully committed to creating an anti-racist, equitable, and inclusive agency culture where all staff and clients thrive. We are interested in individuals who are representative of the diverse populations we serve and who want to “be the change” in their communities.
“A Social Justice approach to child welfare requires confronting racial and class bias, it requires concrete help for poor families, it requires humble tasks, and it requires stepping out of the role of noble healer and into the role of partner.” Richard Wexler, executive director of the National Coalition for Child Protection Reform
WHO WE WANT TO HIRE
We are looking for an empathic therapist, with excellent skills and a commitment to making a difference in the community. The successful applicant will have a passion for providing home-based family services and prefers a flexible schedule that meets client needs.
As a Homebuilders therapist, you will work with only 2 or 3 families at a time, allowing you to provide intensive and responsive services to families with children at imminent risk of out of home placement. This is your opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of children and families.
WHAT WE OFFER
We provide a supportive team environment; excellent clinical supervision; licensure supervision for LISCW, MFT and LMHC; and comprehensive training (employees receive up to 60 CEU hours of workshop training in the initial year).
This is a great opportunity to work for a non-profit organization that treats its employees with care and compassion, is committed to providing and expanding evidence-based services and is on the cutting edge of child welfare services.
SAFETY MEASURES DUE TO COVID-19
The safety of our clients and employees is our top priority. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic we have implemented strict safety guidelines for in person client sessions and adopted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all IFD staff.
- Health insurance
- Dental reimbursement plan
- 15 paid vacation days during the first year of employment, increasing to 20 days by year 3
- 12 paid sick days per year
- 11 paid holidays per year
- 401(k) retirement plan (5% agency contribution)
- Life insurance
- Agency issued cell phone
- Employee assistance program
- IFD qualifies for PSLF, TEPSLF and Perkins Loan Forgiveness programs
- Master’s degree: $55,978 – $60,456 annual salary, DOE; prorated for part time employees
- Bachelor’s degree: $50,890 – $54,961 annual salary, DOE; prorated for part time employees
- Paid mileage and paid travel time
- Bilingual salary add-on (5% increase, add-on based on language(s) spoken and service area needs)
- $1,500 Hiring Bonus!
- Graduate degree in social work, psychology, human services or related field; OR undergraduate degree in social work, psychology, human services or related field and at least two years’ experience working with children and families.
- Valid driver’s license, a vehicle in good working condition, and automobile liability insurance that meets minimum agency requirements.
- Residence in Yakima County
- Availability to work a flexible schedule to meet client needs (including some evenings, weekends and holidays).
- Satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.
- At least 21 years of age.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination (medical or religious accommodations considered on a case-by-case basis).
Need More Information?
Additional information about IFD and this position is on our website: www.institutefamily.org.
IFD participates in the e-Verify program and is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,890.00 – $60,456.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Signing bonus
The safety of our clients and employees is our top priority. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic we have implemented strict safety guidelines for in person sessions, including: health screens, mandatory face coverings for all participants, physical dista
- Do you currently reside in or willing to relocate to Kittitas or Yakima County, WA?
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- working with children and families: 2 years (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.