We are a global leader in environmental consulting – made stronger with the recent acquisition of Wood’s Environment & Infrastructure business and Golder – with world-class expertise in environmental, social and governance (ESG), climate resiliency & sustainability (CRS), and earth sciences. Combined we have over 20,000 multidisciplinary professionals worldwide collaborating daily to protect and conserve natural landscapes, create firm foundations for communities to stand on, and champion sustainable development to combat climate change.
As part of the team, you will have access to an unparalleled network of resources and endless opportunities to collaborate on exciting projects with diverse teammates from across the globe.
WSP is currently initiating a search for on-call, Part-Time Field Archaeologists for our Jefferson City, MO; St. Louis, MO, and Kansas City, MO offices and the surrounding regions. Be involved in projects with our Heritage and Cultural Resources Earth & Environment Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges. Projects include a wide range of federal, state, and commercial clients with many new opportunities and interesting locations. This position is a on-call, with potential for long term work and possible full-time employment based on our current, and upcoming, workload.
- Assist with field projects during all phases of archaeological testing (primarily Phase I and II) by performing pedestrian reconnaissance, shovel tests, test unit excavation supervised by a Field Director
- Document findings through detailed note taking including Munsell soil descriptions and completing field forms
- Assist in prehistoric and historic artifact identification and document archaeological deposits
- Work as part of a team
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by business needs
Who You Are
- Undergraduate degree in anthropology, archaeology, historic preservation, or related field
- Archaeological field school
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, physically able to conduct all aspects of fieldwork in all weather conditions, and be able to follow instructions
- Location in the southeast or Missouri and surrounding states is preferred. Opportunities to work in other states is possible
- This is an on-call, hourly position. Hourly rates are industry competitive ($18.00-$22.50/hour, based upon American CRM experience)
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety & drug/alcohol and harassment policies
- This position requires 100% travel.
- Single occupancy hotel rooms for duration of fieldwork and paid directly by WSP
- Flat-rate meal reimbursement, unless otherwise noted for specific projects
- Transportation from hotel to work site provided, unless otherwise noted for specific projects
- Opportunities for full-time employment and advancement
- Benefits package includes PTO, modified holiday pay, 401K plan
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.