World Health Organization
To ensure that effective WHO country presence is established to implement WHO country cooperation strategies that are aligned with Member State’s health and development agendas and harmonized with the United Nations country teams.
Description of Duties:
The incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Contribute to the development of the WRO programme budget, OSERs and workplans. Maintain an overview on budgetary, funding, and related financial issues, closely monitoring deadlines, obligations, gaps etc. Draw supervisors’ attention to specific/unusual discrepancies or problems, recommends necessary corrective actions.
- Initiate, consolidate and prepare periodic reports on the budgetary situation, implementation rates and special financial reports; prepare detailed cost estimates and participate in budget analysis and projections as required. Initiate correspondence and answer queries related to area of work.
- Administer the E-Imprest system, scrutinize and select data from variety of sources, ensure accuracy in calculations and attachment of necessary supporting receipts of payments and authorizations. Process and monitor of eImprest GL’s and all eImprest transactions including review of services purchase orders – Imprest, DFC’s, GES, and other activities with the aim to ensure accuracy of financial data, adequacy of supporting documents and maintenance of proper accounting records in compliance with financial procedures and WHO rules and reply to auditors’ queries.
- Advise and brief all staff and non-staff on financial rules and procedures pertaining to allowances, salary advances, travel claims and other financial matters. Coordinate and supervise the work of other Finance Assistants, if needed.
- Initiate, verify and process financial transactions and payments for WRO office and sub- offices related to staff and non-staff costs, purchase orders, local purchases, etc., based on authorizations received from EMRO and GSC.
- Reconcile country office cash books and justify any difference in reconciliation; prepare cash counts and to reconcile with the cashbook on a monthly basis.
- Monitor timely transfer of program funds and award budgeting GSM workplans. Monitor distribution and amendments of awards, follow up on cash receipts and unapplied receivable balances, monitor revisions of amounts vis-a-vis award distribution by SO/OWER and budget center, check validity of awards, reporting deadlines and linkage of awards to projects and initiate action for expenditure batches.
- Participate in preparation of proposals for resource mobilization and support WR and national partners, in the follow-up of multi or bilateral pledges to ensure the availability of funds for the implementation of workplans and programme activities.
- Compare cash books with bank statements to compute gain and loss in exchange rate on monthly basis and liaison with officials of local banks to obtain day-to-day information on exchange rates, changes in procedures and regulations and matters pertaining to maintenance of office bank accounts.
- Replace and assist other colleagues in the team and perform other related financial and administrative duties as required.
- Essential: Completion of secondary education; training in business administration/commerce and or technical courses in a field related to the work performed.
- Desirable: Bachelor’s degree in accounting, commerce or business administration is an asset.
- Essential: At least eight years of related experience in accounting and/or administrative work.
- Desirable: Relevant experience in the UN system
- Very good time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of banking regulations and local laws.
- Proven analytical skills.
- Knowledge of the organization’s policies and regulations in general, and in particular, regarding project activities and financial procedures is an asset.
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.
Advanced Nurse Practitioner – HMS Drake Medical Centre-37.5 HoursMilitary Medical PersonnelPlymouth - Devonport, DevonPlymouth - Devonport, Devon
Shift Lead Logistics / Schichtleitung (m/w/d)FlaschenpostPotsdam, BrandenburgPotsdam, Brandenburg
Pricing Analyst/Senior Pricing Analyst (Exclusive Role)Eames ConsultingLondonLondon
Dozent/in: Online Marketing / Medieninformatik (m/w/d) – (100% REMOTE)Masters of MarketingMünchen, BayernMünchen, Bayern