United Nations Office for Project Services
The UNOPS Bangkok Shared Service Centre (BSSC) is a Shared Services Centre (SSC) unit established for the purpose of providing internal, global, cost-effective transactional services which enhance the operational capacity of UNOPS and standardize systems and procedures. The BSSC, among other functions, carries out high-quality transactional services within the area of personnel contract administration and payroll.
For young professionals, a job within UNOPS BSSC offers the opportunity to enter the United Nations system via crucial back office service delivery in an engaging and development-focused work environment as part of a dynamic and effective UN entity. BSSC jobs offer a platform of learning and exposure to UNOPS’ operations and the greater UN system.
- Under the guidance and supervision of the Senior Finance Associate, the Finance Assistant supports the provision of financial services within the support services function, ensuring high quality, accuracy and consistency of work. The Finance Assistant promotes a client-oriented approach consistent with UNOPS rules and regulations.
- The Finance Assistant works in close collaboration with the Programme, Project and Support Services colleagues in the local office as well as the UNOPS HQ colleagues, to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
Summary of Key Functions:
- Accounting and administrative support
- Implementation of operational strategies and procedures
- Knowledge building and sharing
Provide accounting and administrative support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Assist within proper control of the supporting documents for bank and balance sheet reconciliation and financial reports.
- Follow-up with field finance users, UN entities and financial institutes for information relating to payments and invoices.
- Prepare routine correspondence, bank reconciliation report, following standard operating procedures.
- Maintain the proper digital filing system for financial records and documents.
- Assist field offices by performing monthly bank and investment reconciliations for all their accounts.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly and quarterly reports for any unreconciled transactions at the bank level.
- Monitor the prepaid and MasterCard transactions and, in case of any suspicious payments, promptly escalate to the supervisor.
- Assist with prepaid and MasterCard monthly reconciliation and prepare the Bank to book reports for submission to HQ.
- Flag any discrepancies with bank statements or the cash book, liaising with the Treasury team to rectify issues.
- Assist with reconciliation of UN entities’ and financial institutes’ statements on a monthly basis and prepare the adjusting entries for gain and loss.
- Help improve controls and systems to help capture financial information.
- Assist BSSC by performing ad hoc administrative duties, as needed, to support the office operations.
- Follow-up on all unreconciled items and provide regular update to supervisor.
- Maintain and control the automatching rate to be at a high level.
- Provide information for reports related to Bank Reconciliation as audit’s request.
Ensure implementation of operational strategies and procedures, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of financial processes and financial records with UNOPS rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Improvement the efficient reconciliation process through auto-matching by Kyriba system.
- Facilitation the offices to the correct Internal Standard Operating Procedures in Finance for any particular issued unreconciled transactions.
Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the Finance-focused trainings.
- Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Completion of Secondary education is required.
- A first-level university degree (e.g. Bachelor) or an advanced university degree (e..g Masters) degree may substitute some of the required years of work experience.
- Specialized training in finance is desirable.
- With a high school diploma, a minimum of 4 years of relevant accounting and financial experience at national level is required.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (G Suite) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling web-based management systems is desirable.
- Fluency in written and oral English is required.
- Knowledge of the second UN working language is desirable.
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.
Child Protection SpecialistUnited Nations Children's FundPhnom Penh, CambodiaPhnom Penh, Cambodia
Impact Measurement AdvisorUnited Nations Office for Project ServicesGeneva, SwitzerlandGeneva, Switzerland
Explosive Ordinance Risk Education EORE Team Leader (Female Only)Danish Refugee CouncilAnywhereAnywhere
Principal ManagerEuropean Bank for Reconstruction and DevelopmentChisinau, MoldovaChisinau, Moldova