About University at Albany:
Established in 1844 and designated a University Center of the State University of New York in 1962, the University at Albany’s broad mission of excellence in undergraduate and graduate education, research and public service engages a diverse student body of approximately 17,000 students in nine schools and colleges across three campuses.
Located in Albany, New York, New York State’s capital, the University is convenient to Boston, New York City and the Adirondacks.
The Finance Manager is responsible for managing the financial activities necessary to successfully execute the activities of grants, donor funds, and internal funds awarded to the College of Nanotechnology, Science, and Engineering (CNSE) faculty. The Finance Manager will provide administrative, financial, and operational support for all aspects of College research activities. The finance manager will provide administrative, financial, and operational support for faculty set-up accounts.
The successful candidate will work as part of a team that designs and develops accurate, up-to-date financial reports for the Dean and faculty. As part of this team, the Finance Manager helps to establish internal mechanisms to track grant and set up expenses, troubleshoot and resolve financial problems, reconcile accounts, and prepare accounts for close-out.
The successful candidate will work closely with faculty to provide financial management guidance, manage hiring activities, and serve as a member of the Dean’s office staff.
The successful candidate will develop an in-depth working knowledge of three separate funding entities: the University at Albany, the University at Albany Foundation, and the Research Foundation of the State University of New York.
- Prepare personnel paperwork for student appointments, summer appointments and, release time appointments.
- Procure supplies, equipment, and technology.
- Coordinate all aspects of travel for research faculty, staff and students.
- Bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by a U.S. Department of Education (DOE) or internationally recognized accrediting organization.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience related to fiscal operations in a higher education related environment.
- Microsoft Excel experience required.
- The successful candidate will have strong analytical, organizational, written, and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to interact effectively with faculty, staff, students and external partners.
- Applicants must demonstrate an ability to develop inclusive and equitable relationships within our diverse campus community.
- Applicants must demonstrate an ability to support diversity, equity, access, inclusion and belonging relative to their role.
- Master’s degree from a college or university accredited by a U.S. Department of Education (DOE) or internationally recognized accrediting organization.
- Experience managing internally and externally funded research projects, and a familiarity with Research Foundation policies and procedures.
- Experience in international hiring practices.
Professional Rank and Salary Range: Senior Staff Assistant, SL3
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, or Clery Act, mandates that all Title IV institutions, without exception, prepare, publish and distribute an Annual Security Report. This report consists of two basic parts: disclosure of the University’s crime statistics for the past three years; and disclosures regarding the University’s current campus security policies. The University at Albany’s Annual Security Report is available in portable document format [PDF] by clicking this link http://police.albany.edu/ASR.shtml
Pursuant to NYS Labor Law 194-A, no State entity, as defined by the Law, is permitted to rely on, orally or in writing seek, request, or require in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current wage, or salary history as a condition to be interviewed, or as a condition of continuing to be considered for an offer of employment, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation, and for the purpose of verifying information, may such requests be made. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at [email protected] .
THE UNIVERSITY AT ALBANY IS AN EO/AA/IRCA/ADA EMPLOYER
Please apply online via http://albany.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=166500
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- Cover letter stating all the required minimum qualifications and any of the applicable preferred qualifications
- Contact information for three professional references
Note: After submitting your resume, the subsequent pages give you instructions for uploading additional documents (i.e. cover letter etc.).
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants – Login to your UAlbany Careers Account to check your completed application.
Closing date for receipt of applications: October 13, 2023
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.