Food and Agriculture Organization
The Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific (RAP) is responsible for leading FAO’s response to regional priorities for food security, agriculture and rural development through the identification, planning and implementation of FAO’s priority activities in the region. It ensures a multidisciplinary approach to programmes, identifies priority areas of action for the Organization in the region and, in collaboration with the Divisions, Offices and Centres at headquarters, develops, promotes and oversees FAO’s strategic response to regional priorities. RAP also advises on the incorporation of regional priorities into the Organization’s Programme of Work and Budget and implements approved programmes and projects in the region, monitors the level of programme implementation, and draws attention to problems and deficiencies. RAP develops and maintains relations with region-wide institutions including the UN Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UNESCAP) and regional intergovernmental organizations.
The Regional Office supports regional policy dialogue on food security, agriculture and rural development issues, facilitates the emergence of regional partnerships, and supports capacity development and resource mobilization for food security, agriculture and rural development in the region.
The Finance Officer reports to the Senior Administrative Officer, Admin Service Group, RAP.
The Finance Officer is responsible for leading the delivery of financial services, internal control, and risk management matters.
- Leads and/or participates in Admin Service Group teams, participates and provides financial expertise on Organization-wide committees or working groups, and/or supervises staff.
- Supervises, oversees and/or contributes to the delivery of financial reporting, general accounting, project accounting, services in accordance with FAO policies and regulatory framework.
- Develops and updates the supporting operational, policy, accounting, control and/or risk management frameworks, involving the implementation of the latest approaches and methodologies, streamlined business processes, new/revised financial policies, and related tools, systems, technologies and related procedures.
- Analyses financial information for inclusion in statutory reports, management reports, financial statements, and/or reports to donors as well as other specific reports for Governing Bodies, donors and other partners.
- Responds to requests for assistance and provides financial and regulatory advice.
- Develops effective working relationships and resolves problems with banks, other financial institutions, donors, partners, and UN financial executives as well as provides information/clarification to auditors.
- Promotes best practices and capacity development leads and/or participates in training and the development of related training materials.
- Manages the finance function of the FAO Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific (RAP) and supervises RAP Finance Unit, ensuring timely service delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Ensures the correct interpretation and implementation of FAO financial rules and procedures across the region.
- In coordination with RAP Management and relevant headquarters policy owners, implements and maintains internal control systems and procedures to promote the proper use of organizational resources, risk management, and fraud and corruption prevention.
- Provides training and support to FAO personnel in the Asia and the Pacific region for finance, internal control, and risk management issues.
- Coordinates the financial and administrative aspects of letters of agreement in close cooperation with the relevant managers and headquarters policy owners.
- Liaises with internal and external auditors and ensures timely implementation of audit recommendations.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
Candidates Will Be Assessed Against The Following:
- Advanced university degree in accounting, finance, business administration or a related field and seven years of relevant experience in finance, accounting and/or business analysis OR a first level university degree in accounting, finance, business administration or a related field and nine years of relevant experience in similar fields and completion of a professional certification in accountancy (Chartered Accountant [CA], Certified Public Accountant [CPA], Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) or the investment profession (Chartered Financial Analyst [CFA]).
- Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of English and limited knowledge (intermediate – level B) of another FAO official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please specify on the application form/indicate in your cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.
Capacity Building SpecialistFood and Agriculture OrganizationJowhar, SomaliaJowhar, Somalia
UNDP-PER-00395 AT GobReg Huánuco para MRCVFFSUnited Nations Development ProgrammeAnywhereAnywhere
Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist, NOC, Fixed Term Appointment #127900, Port Sudan, Sudan (open to Sudanese national only)UNICEF GlobalSudanSudan
Associate, HPV Vaccine DeliveryFood and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)Freetown, Sierra LeoneFreetown, Sierra Leone