Title: Financial Planning & Analysis Associate
Location: Senegal or Mali
Report to: VP of Finance & Strategy
myAgro is a non-profit agritech social enterprise based in West Africa. We have developed a mobile savings model that allows farmers to invest their own funds in high-quality seed, fertilizer, and agricultural training to increase their harvest and income by 50-100%. Our North Star is to support 1 million farmers in 2026 – providing them the tools they need to prosper. Our organization has received recognition and support from Skoll Foundation, Echoing Green, World Bank, and The Audacious Project from TED. Learn more from our founder and CEO here.
About the Role:
This Strategic Finance department at myAgro is aligned with departments across the organization, partnering with senior leaders in the areas of financial planning and strategic analysis. As FP&A Associate, you will help guide analytics that guide important business decisions, providing relevant insights and accurate forecasts.
- Help manage the financial cycles of the organization for the annual budget, quarterly rolling forecasts and monthly operating reviews
- Help create monthly, quarterly, and annual management reporting packages
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of variance
- Communicate with senior finance personnel and other departments to improve the efficiency of financial processes and streamlining standardized monthly reporting
- Build financial models and reports and prepare financial analyses for a broad array of purposes including special projects
- Analyze macro and micro trends and research strategic growth plans to understand their impact to forecasts and long-range financial projections
- Assist in assembling, reviewing, and supporting Board reporting cycles as it relates to finance-related material
- Undergraduate degree or advanced degree in accounting, finance, business or economics
- 4+ years of accounting, FP&A, management consulting, investment banking, private equity or corporate development experience
- Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills, a high level of organization, accuracy and attention to detail
- Advanced competency with Excel and PowerPoint, with experience manipulating large financial data sets and building financial models
- Strong interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to present financial information in an accessible way to both financial and non-financial audiences
- Health insurance (including dental, vision and health coverage)
- Approximately 4 weeks of paid time off each year
- Retirement plan contributions
- Professional development and laptop stipends
- Annual flight benefit
- The opportunity to make a difference for farmers everyday!
Application Process and Deadline
To apply, submit an application on our website. Include a cover letter (motivation letter) and a resume or CV. You should also complete the Plum survey. You can find a link to the Plum survey on the application form for the role. Please submit your application and documents in English. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by our team.
There is no fixed deadline as we hire on a rolling basis. If someone else is selected while you are interviewing, we will let you know and consider your application for future positions. The interview process includes the application form, the Plum assessment, short virtual interviews and typically a short written assignment or a visit to the field or one of our offices.
myAgro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics. myAgro complies with all applicable federal, provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.