United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Overall purpose of the role to support with logistics and purchasing for south area office and program sites throughout Diyala in close coordination with the Supply chain officer / TL, Diyala program teams, other departments (finance, etc.) and with the Area Office Supply Chain team to ensure compliance with DRC Supply Chain guidelines.
- Responsible for the fleet management for all Diyala vehicles.
- To ensure the cars are in a clean condition on a daily basis.
- Collect vehicles data and complete vehicles monthly reports
- Follow up and maintain Generators fuel consumption through trackers, weekly and monthly report.
- To perform general check up on the cars (engine oil, brake oil, tires pressure, wiper fluid, radiator fluid, etc.) to make sure the car is always ready where practicable.
- Develop daily and weekly movement plan.
- Responsible for with the following up Vehicle fuel refilling and maintenance.
- To ensure the car is always at minimum half a tank and to re-fuel when necessary.
- To perform basic procurement tasks as determined by the Line Manager.
- Implement duties in line with the DRC Code of Conduct and represent DRC in a good way.
- Ensure that passengers are wearing their seatbelts.
- Fleet monthly Reports.
- Plan routes, in conjunction with the DRC Security Units, ensuring the safety of passengers at all times, and ensuring a detailed knowledge of the safest routes within the region.
- Transport staff to and from various destinations when needed.
- Responsible for logistical support to the sub-offices at program locations, and to program teams including maintenance & repair, generator functionality & fueling, etc.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the line manager.
- This job description is not a definitive task list but has been done to clarify the responsibilities of the employee
Experience and technical competencies: (including years of experience)
- 1 or more years of experience in logistics/ fleet/procurement is preferred
- Experience working with NGOs or humanitarian organizations is a plus
- Must be organized, able to multi-task, flexible, and able to work as a team
- Honesty & integrity are a must
- Strong computer skills including advanced Excel skills.
- Good communication skills written and verbally
University degree an advantage. Degree related to logistics/procurement preferred
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to our values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
- English – good
- Arabic – Fluent
Key stakeholders: (internal and external)
- Staff members
- Base Manager
- Supply Chain Officer
- Finance Manager
- Contract Length: 11 Months
- Salary Band: I
- Start Date: 1st Feb 2023
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National Staff.
Interested? Then apply for this position
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 15th Jan 2023
Diversity & Inclusion: DRC Iraq is committed to promoting an inclusive work environment according to our Age, Gender, and Diversity approach (AGD). We aim to have a more diversified leadership structure creating opportunities for qualified women to take on managerial roles. We also continuously work to make our workplace more accessible for persons with specific needs. We offer benefits related to psychosocial support, health insurance, maternity and paternity leave, child sick leave, and lactation breaks. As part of our commitment to promote equity, diversity, and inclusion, we strongly encourage applications from female candidates, persons living with disabilities, as well as representatives of minorities.
Note: Due to the urgency of this position, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/about-us/job-and-career/support-for-job-seekers.
Danish Refugee Council is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and positive work environment based on mutual respect for all employees. All applicants are considered for employment without attention to race, age, ability, ethnicity, nationality, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other factor. At DRC we celebrate diversity and appreciate our employees for the people they are and their unique skills, backgrounds, and perspectives. We encourage all interested candidates to apply!
Apply for job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please specify on the application form/indicate in your cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.