Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development (ACTED)
Created in 1993, ACTED is an international non-governmental organization pursuing a dual mandate of emergency response and development interventions in 40 of some of the world’s most vulnerable countries affected by conflicts, disasters or socio-economic hardship. With a team of 7,000 national staff and 400 international staff, ACTED implements 500 projects a year to support more than 20 million beneficiaries, notably in hard-to-reach areas.
ACTED goes to the last mile through programs and approaches that look beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihood reconstruction and sustainable development. Guided by the motto “Think Local, Act Global” and its 3Zero –Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, and Zero Poverty – strategy, ACTED puts local territories at the centre and provides a tailored support to local needs.
Composed of 120 staff, ACTED’s headquarters are located in Paris to support and mainstream the organization’s interventions worldwide.
You will be in charge of
The Flying Project Development Manager will undertake short-term assignments (up to 6 months) to ACTED countries of intervention to provide support with
- Positioning ACTED with donors,
- Leading the development of project proposals in line with ACTED’s global and in-country programme strategy,
- Ensuring proper grant management and 4) building the capacity of the country team. The Flying PDM will ensure smooth internal communication and coordination with relevant departments and contributes to ACTED external communication strategy.
Duties and responsabilities
- Provide in-person surge support to PD field teams in terms of proposal development, fundraising, staff capacity building and grants management (approximately 70% of time)
- Grant Management
- External and Internal Coordination
- External Communication
Expected skills and qualifications
- Master Level education in a relevant field such as International Relations, Development or Political Science
- Previous experience in the humanitarian field, proposals development, grants management and donor relations are required
- Knowledge of the humanitarian aid system and ability to understand the donor’s systems
- External representation skills
- Ability to coordinate and manage a team
- Teamwork and team building skills, capacity building skills
- Ability to work independently and creatively in a multicultural context
- Strong oral and written communication skills, analytical skills
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure
- Previous field experience is required
Terms of reference
For more information about the position, click here .
- Salary defined by the ACTED salary grid depending on education level, expertise,…
- Food allowance on working days
- 50% of Navigo pass taken in charge
Please send your application (CV and letter of motivation) by email ([email protected]) or below, including the reference: PDM/HQ
Please note that ACTED will never charge a fee for the recruitment process.
Apply for job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.