Created in 1993, ACTED is an international non-governmental organization pursuing a dual mandate of emergency response and development interventions in 40 of some of the world’s most vulnerable countries affected by conflicts, disasters or socio-economic hardship. With a team of 7,000 national staff and 400 international staff, ACTED implements 500 projects a year to support more than 20 million beneficiaries, notably in hard-to-reach areas.
ACTED goes to the last mile through programs and approaches that look beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihood reconstruction and sustainable development. Guided by the motto “Think Local, Act Global” and its 3Zero –Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, and Zero Poverty – strategy, ACTED puts local territories at the centre and provides a tailored support to local needs.
Composed of 120 staff, ACTED’s headquarters are located in Paris to support and mainstream the organization’s interventions worldwide.
You will be in charge of
The Global CCCM Technical Coordinator will work to improve the quality and impact of ACTED’s CCCM programs, with particular focus on strengthening internal capacity, including the development and quality control of global tools, guidance, policy and other technical initiatives as well as training and career development of key CCCM staff. In addition, the Global CCCM Technical Coordinator CCCM will provide high quality, rapidly deployable CCCM capacity in humanitarian situations as requested by field operations (approximately 40% of his/her time). Finally, the Global CCCM Technical Coordinator will represent ACTED towards the global CCCM cluster and other coordination and policy mechanisms related to displacement.
1. Strengthening ACTED internal CCCM capacities at the global and country level
1.1. Development of CCCM tools and guidance
1.2. Technical support to fundraising and project development
1.3. CCCM staff training and career development
2. CCCM Rapid Response/Field Deployments (40%)
3. Global Positioning and Representation
Expériences / Formation
• University degree in political or social sciences, international relations, international law or a related field
• Five years of practical experience working in humanitarian emergencies
• Demonstrated expertise in camp management and humanitarian coordination
• Experience in liaising closely with NGOs and UN within the IASC framework
• Global CCCM Training of Trainers (ToT) is an added value
• English and French language skills
• Salary between 2500€ and 2700€ monthly (before income tax), depending on the level of education & expertise
• Affiliation to AG2R health insurance
• Food vouchers (“tickets restaurant”) when in HQ, 50% coverage of Paris transportation costs (Navigo Pass)
• Accommodation and food provided in ACTED guesthouse as well as a monthly living allowance of $300 per month during field visits
• One week pre-departure training in ACTED HQ, including a 3-days in situ security training
Please send your application (CV and letter of motivation) by email ([email protected]) including the reference: Global CCCM TC/HQ
Please note that ACTED will never charge a fee for the recruitment process.