Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development (ACTED)
Created in 1993, ACTED is an international non-governmental organization pursuing a dual mandate of emergency response and development interventions in 40 of some of the world’s most vulnerable countries affected by conflicts, disasters or socio-economic hardship. With a team of 7,000 national staff and 400 international staff, ACTED implements 500 projects a year to support more than 20 million beneficiaries, notably in hard-to-reach areas.
ACTED goes to the last mile through programs and approaches that look beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihood reconstruction and sustainable development. Guided by the motto “Think Local, Act Global” and its 3Zero –Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, and Zero Poverty – strategy, ACTED puts local territories at the centre and provides a tailored support to local needs.
Composed of 120 staff, ACTED’s headquarters are located in Paris to support and mainstream the organization’s interventions worldwide.
You will be in charge of
The Country Transparency and Compliance Officer contributes to (i) controlling, on a risk-based audit approach, the implementation of ACTED’s processes in compliance with ACTED’s guidelines, specific donor guidelines, best practices and national regulations in the relevant country; (ii) developing & actively contributing to action plans agreed with country coordination in order to mitigate the identified risks, and to cope with priorities, budget constraints and organizational context.
She/He provides technical support and capacity building to the country FLATS staff to implement the action plan and address the issues.
She/He also provides technical support for donor external audits and due diligences preparation and follow-up.
She/He should comply and ensure compliance to the audit code of conduct.
Internal Audit function
- Participate to the implementation of the approved national internal audit plan: conduct internal audit missions through a risk management approach
- Implementation of the ACTED standard guidelines and FLAT System at the capital, area and partner’s levels
- When required, contribute to controlling the compliance with country rules and regulations. Upon request of your Coordination and in link with the Country Finance Manager:
- Provide support to mitigate the high risks identified
External audit : contribute to the external audit and the due diligences preparation and follow up
Training sessions / lessons learn / best practices
- Capacity building and Training
- Lessons learn
- Process improvement
- Participate in minimizing risk of fraud and corruption by ensuring adherence to ACTED FLATS procedures, ACTED Code of Conduct and ACTED Anti-Fraud Policy;
Expected skills and qualifications
- Postgraduate diploma in Audit, Finance, International Relations, Law or in relation with the position;
- 1-2 years of previous work experience in Audit (external and/or internal), Finance, Logistics, Administration or Law;
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills, and organizational terms;
- Demonstrate flexibility, dynamism and autonomy;
- Ability to work well and under pressure;
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English;
- Experience in management and training is a plus.
- Salary defined by the ACTED salary grid depending on education level, expertise – between 1900e and 2000e net per month
- Affiliation to health inssurance
- Food allowance on working days
- 50% of Navigo pass taken in charge
Please send your application (CV and letter of motivation) by email ([email protected]) or below, including the reference: T&CO/HQ
Please note that ACTED will never charge a fee for the recruitment process.
Apply for job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.