Volunteers of America Northern New England
If you’re seeking year-round employment with great pay, benefits, and a time off package AND you want to work in a fun, positive environment, we’d like to hear from you!
VOA Northern New England is seeking Full-Time and Part-Time Direct Support Professionals (DSP) to work at The Parish House in Bar Harbor. (Please note: This employment opportunity does not provide housing.)
The starting pay is $20.00. We train and certify employees without a DSP certification. We also provide a weekend differential pay of $1.50 starting Friday evening (11 pm) through Sunday evening (11 pm). Want to keep more hard-earned pay in your pocket? Individual medical benefits are offered under $20 per bi-weekly pay period (to full-time employees)!!!
The Parish House in Bar Harbor, ME is a supportive living program for young adults with intellectual disabilities with a goal of empowering them to achieve their dreams of health, wellness, independence, and community inclusion through the support and advocacy of passionate and motivated staff. DSPs provide programming to support these individuals in all aspects of wellness as encouraged and outlined in their person-centered care plans. These responsibilities include prompting and supporting residents with activities of daily living, culinary arts, transportation in our van, providing creative options for activities and community integration and maintaining the Parish House facility in a safe and clean condition.
- High School diploma required; college education in relevant discipline or experience working within the human services field preferred;
- DSP certification is preferred or must be obtained upon hire through our paid training;
- A minimum of one- year of experience working with people with intellectual disabilities/autism spectrum disorder is preferred;
- Knowledge of basic homemaking skills, understanding of community resources, implementation of individual service plans, and documentation of care preferred;
- Excellent communication skills, including active listening, written, oral, and record-keeping skills;
- Ability to self-motivate and initiate work independently;
- Solid relationship-building skills, with the ability to exhibit compassion and patience;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- A valid Maine driver’s license and a good driving record are required.
- Per the state of Maine regulations, all behavioral health and IDD employees will be required to submit proof of immunization records upon employment for the following: Influenza (flu), MMR, Varicella, Hepatitis B, and COVID-19.
Volunteers of America Northern New England is proud to be a Great Place to Work certified organization, May 2022- May 2023.
Come join our team!
Volunteers of America is also proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: From $20.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Maine Driver’s License (Preferred)
- Certification, such as MHRT or CRMA (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this posting.