Technology for Living Society
Join our team at the Provincial Respiratory Outreach Program (aka PROP)! We are a small group of dedicated, supportive, and knowledgeable Respiratory Therapists looking for an experienced RT to lead us. We provide home ventilation equipment (BiPAP and Ventilators), supplies, education, and ongoing support to our PROP members located throughout the Province of BC.
When you join our team, some of the benefits you can expect are competitive hourly wage, seamless transfer of your current BC Municipal Pension Plan, excellent Extended Health Benefits package, flexible vacation planning, autonomy with your daily scheduling of workload, ability to work from home and explore the province, to name a few.
Technology for Living’s (TFL’s) Provincial Respiratory Outreach Program (PROP) is in search of an experienced, performance driven, team-focused and compassionate individual to use their clinical skills and experience to provide ongoing support to our team of Respiratory Therapists. The Charge RT will organize all aspects of staffing workflow and will work directly with the other members of the leadership team, including the Executive Director, the Professional Practice Lead, the Senior RT and the PROP Program Lead.
Office is located in Vancouver, BC.
Workdays are Monday to Friday 0830-1630.
This position is available immediately.
This role requires occasional travel outside of the Lower Mainland. At times, weekday overnight stays may be required.
In accordance with PROP standards of practice and community practice guidelines, the Charge Respiratory Therapist is responsible for overseeing PROP staff to maintain and provide the highest standard of respiratory care to members and their families within the communities of BC. The Charge RT supervises and allocates available resources for the program within budget. An integral part of this role is to work in collaboration with the PROP leadership team to support existing organizational and community activities as it relates to the PROP program and Technology for Living (TFL); and to be involved in planning and implementing new initiatives that are in support of TFLs mission, vision and goals.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
· Competitive hourly wage in line with the Heath Sciences Association of BC agreement
· Excellent health benefits
· BC Municipal Pension Plan (MPP) transfer or enrollment
· BCSRT and CSRT membership fees are paid for following probation period
· Insurance top-up for your vehicle for business purposes and mileage compensation is provided
· Ongoing education is fostered and supported
· Flexible work schedule and trusted to create own schedule for work completion
· Challenging but rewarding role in a relaxed and inclusive work environment
Technology For Living (TFL) is a non-profit social purposed organization that has served people with disabilities in British Columbia for the past 50 years. Our primary purpose is to help people with disabilities live independently at home by providing, installing, and servicing assistive technology and home automation for people living with physical disabilities. We do this through the offerings of three member-centered programs: 1. Technology for Independent Living (TIL), 2. Provincial Respiratory Outreach Program (PROP), and 3. Peer Support Program.
For further information about Technology for Living and our program offerings please visit our website at https://www.technologyforliving.org/
REQUIRED SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
· Graduate from an approved Respiratory Therapy program with Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapists (CSRT) certification.
· Current CPR Level C
· Current registration with the British Columbia Society of Respiratory Therapists (BCSRT) and CSRT
· Minimum of 3-years Acute Care as a qualified RRT experience is an asset
· Experience with, or exposure to, home mechanical ventilation and BiPAP is an asset
· Working knowledge of computer application programs, including Microsoft office (Excel, Word, Access Database, etc.)
· Demonstrates confident and solid verbal and written communication skills in the English language
· Strong interpersonal skills: ability to interact/communicate effectively with co-workers, members, caregivers, and other professionals in a respectful, courteous, and empathetic manner.
· Ability to think analytically and use sound judgment
· Creative thinker with an interest to introduce new initiatives that will support the operations of the department
· Skilled at managing their time efficiently through excellent planning capabilities
· Valid BC driver’s license (class 5) with a good driving record and own reliable vehicle.
· Must be legally qualified to work in Canada.
· Successful applicant must pass BC Criminal Records Check.
· Must be able to lift and move up to 15 lbs. without challenge.
· Must be vaccinated, with boosters, for COVID-19.
HOW TO APPLY:
Application Deadline: Posted until April 28th, 2023. Position is available immediately.
Please send your cover letter and resume, in PDF format to [email protected]
If you are the kind of professional who can work independently, is self-motivated and organized, willing to learn and participate, will work in collaboration within a small office, is personable, mature, has a positive attitude, and wants to make an impact, then we want to hear from you!
If you have questions about the Charge RT role at PROP please call at 1-866-326-1245 or email: [email protected] direct your call or email to the Program Lead, Miranda Whiteley.
Thank you in advance for your interest and application. Only those short-listed for an interview will be contacted. Salary currently under review.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $35.00-$43.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Commuter benefits
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Do you have your own reliable vehicle?
Willingness to travel:
- 25% (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Vancouver, BC V5X 4N6
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.