WISH Drop-In Centre Society
Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Based in Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside, WISH is the largest sex worker support organization in Canada. WISH offers a safe place of respite for women involved in street-based sex work. WISH Drop-in Centre Society is an organization and space for women and people of marginalized genders, including Two-Spirit, trans, and non-binary. For more information about WISH and our programs and services, visit our website: https://wish-vancouver.net/.
Working closely with WISH staff and the Board of Directors, the Development Manager requires a fearless, strategic connector with direct experience securing major gifts, identifying and stewarding new and varied donors and a passion for writing compelling proposals and reports. This position is responsible for stewarding current donors, building and engaging a robust pipeline of prospects, while increasing organizational capacity.
Relocation allowance is available for candidates outside of the Vancouver area, amount to be negotiated based on applicant’s current location and qualifications. This is a hybrid/remote position for the right candidate.
- Raising funds from a variety of sources, including individuals, foundations and corporations.
- Identifying and securing major gifts needed to meet fundraising goals.
- Coordinate with the Development and Finance teams to identify revenue needs in order to develop and implement strategies to achieve fundraising goals.
- Write compelling grants and cases for support for various programs and initiatives.
- Ensure accurate and deadline driven flow of proposals, reports, and stewardship information for current and prospective funders, on a demanding schedule.
- Tracking all interactions and donations in the CRM (Donor Perfect).
- In charge of organizing special events, including fundraising, donor cultivation, and donor recognition events.
- Collaborate to identify project funding needs and develop strategies to achieve strategic goals and targets.
- In charge of writing compelling cases for support for initiatives in need of funding.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of 5 years of direct fundraising and grant writing experience in a non-profit environment.
- Strong experience and working knowledge of the BC funding landscape is a significant asset. Knowledge of funding outside of Canada, or the ability to branch beyond Canadian funding, is a considerable asset.
- Demonstrated, direct, successful experience securing 5-figure+ gifts.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Donor Perfect or other fundraising software: Must be able to enter data, generate reports, import data and other functions related to producing in-house direct mail appeals.
- Ability to communicate persuasively and diplomatically on paper and in person, with a variety of audiences ranging from government funders to individual supporters, community groups, foundations, corporations, and WISH participants.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including presentation and facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office. Experience with Constant Contact is an asset.
- Experience developing and analyzing budgets and financial statements.
- Proven ability to develop and cultivate donor and community partnerships and relationships.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills, advanced ability to meet multiple, tight deadlines, and prioritize workload.
- Alignment with the WISH mission, vision, and core values.
- A strong feminist analysis of violence against women with an understanding of power and its intersection with gender, race, culture, class, ability, religion, sexual orientation, ethnicity, and age.
- Significant understanding and knowledge of systemic barriers and oppression rooted in colonization, racism, transphobia, classism, misogyny, moralism, ableism and how they impact sex workers.
COMPENSATION & WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Non-unionized, full-time permanent position.
- Hybrid/remote and flexible working arrangements.
- Open to candidates Canada wide.
- Office is located on 312 Main Street, Vancouver.
- Excellent health & welfare benefits plan with premiums fully covered.
- 3 weeks of vacation after the first year.
- 12 health & wellness days paid every year.
- 14 paid statutory holidays.
- Welcoming and team-based culture.
Women with lived expertise in sex work, Indigenous women, Black women, women of colour, trans women, and members of other equity-seeking groups, are particularly encouraged to apply.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $80,000.00-$100,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- What are your salary expectations?
- direct fundraising: 5 years (preferred)
- grant writing: 5 years (preferred)
Work Location: Remote
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.