UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a fair chance
UNICEF has been an active partner of the Government of the Philippines and civil society in realizing the rights of every Filipino child, in line with priorities to achieve the SDGs. UNICEF efforts have been focused on the most vulnerable regions identified by the Government of the Philippines Development Plan, particularly in the regions of Visayas and Mindanao. To ensure that interventions are sustainable and scaled up, UNICEF will support both the national and local government units (LGUs) as the main instruments of delivering services and building systems. The level of engagement with government institutions will consider capacities, economies of scale and sector issues.
UNICEF Philippines has two offices. One office is based in Manila and a field office in Cotabato City, the second largest city in Mindanao, Southern Philippines, with some 300,000 population. The city is the regional administrative centre of the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region of Muslim Mindanao (BARMM) and over 80 percent of the population is Muslim. Mindanao is both conflict-affected and prone to frequent earthquakes and typhoons.
Visit this link for more information on Philippine Country Office: https://www.unicef.org/philippines/
How can you make a difference?
Under the supervision of the Fundraising Officer for Individual Giving [IG], this post will primarily be responsible for strategic planning and the day-to-day supervision of the Telemarketing (TM) fundraising channel for donor acquisition, donor retention and customer service through third-party outbound telemarketing agency/ies and through the UNICEF in-house donor care team. This post will also assist in the implementation of fundraising program activities from time to time as needed/ required.
With special emphasis on converting all one-off donors into regular pledge givers or multiple cash givers, this post will assist in the development of TM campaigns in the areas of donor renewal and reactivation; donor upgrades and other loyalty and value maximization efforts; donor care; and donor acquisition, to recruit new donors and diversify the pledge program through telemarketing. Thereafter, the post will lead and monitor the campaign launch and implementation.
The Fund Raising Officer will have the following duties and responsibilities:
1. Implementation of telemarketing donor acquisition and retention and legacy campaigns
- Working with the Individual Giving Officer (NOB) and the Donor Acquisition Officer (NOA), lead the development, roll-out, and day-to-day supervision of donor acquisition TM campaigns (e.g., lead generation, direct-to-pledge, tactical or seasonal acquisition and conversion campaigns)
- Working with the Individual Giving Officer (NOB) and the Donor Retention Officer (NOA), lead the development, roll-out, and day-to-day supervision of and donor retention TM campaigns [such as renewal, reactivation, upgrade, value maximization, and donor care service]
- Working with the Major Donor Officer (NOB), lead the development, roll-out, and day-to-day supervision of legacy campaigns, as necessary
- Oversee TM back-end structure and campaign fulfillment for any new campaign initiatives
- Monitor daily TM billings and concerns and respond accordingly
- Organize briefings and trainings to TM agencies and in-house donor care personnel for any campaigns, emergencies or special events
2. Quality performance monitoring for telemarketing fundraising
- Lead the development of plans for telemarketing QA for the in-house team and third-party agency/ies, in cooperation with the NOA and NOB officers for donor acquisition, retention, major donors
- Ensure that all aspects of the TM program — from script development to simulation to live calls to donation fulfilment to donor data processing—adhere to QA standards and support KPIs
- Monitor daily, weekly, monthly performance of TM campaigns including but not limited to reach rate, conversion rate, fulfilment rate, average gift, call capacity, agent performance, and ROI.
- Ensure income and telemarketing targets are met according to the work plan and budget.
- Work with the IG team to ensure the TM program is data-informed and data-driven. Present reports on TM operations regularly and provide recommendations related to enhancements in areas of telemarketing that need improvement or optimization.
3. Operation Oversight
- Lead and provide operational support to agencies, contractors and suppliers engaged in telemarketing operations and ensure that they perform to high standards. Whenever necessary, recommend/ propose changes and modifications [in cooperation with the NOA & NOB officers] to various aspects of TM operations consistent with the overall strategy and objectives of the PFP section.
4. Donor Support/ Customer Service Hotline
- Oversee the inbound telemarketing service provided by in-house customer service and by third-party telemarketing agency.
- Ensure end-to-end quality customer service. Provide, when necessary, customer support such as addressing donor inquiries, requests and/or complaints via mail, email, phone, social media, etc.; escalate inquiries to the appropriate supervisor for further action.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
University degree in any of the following fields:
Business, Marketing, Management, Research/Statistics, Communication, Arts, Social Sciences, or a related field.
At least one (1) year relevant work experience required in the telemarketing/BPO/sales/marketing/customer service industry at junior management level or higher
Additional experience in fundraising/resource mobilization, public relations, account management, brand management, business development or other related fields would be considered an asset
Experience in the latest developments in contact center customer relationship management and supporter engagement is highly desired. Strong skills in Microsoft Excel desired.
Candidates must also possess or demonstrate:
Strong interpersonal skills
Strong organizational and planning skills
Strong communication and presentation skills
Drive for results
Fluency in English and Filipino is a requirement, both oral and written.
How to apply
Qualified candidates are requested to complete an online candidate profile in http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/ by 21 July 2023. Only applications sent through the e-recruitment portal Job No. 563806 will be considered.
By applying through our Talent Management System (TMS) you agree to our privacy statement which is in line with the Philippines’ Data Privacy Act. You are strongly advised to read carefully through the privacy statement before submitting your application.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s Core Values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust and Accountability and Sustainability (CRITAS) underpin everything we do and how we do it. Get acquainted with Our Values Charter: UNICEF Values
UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
(1) Builds and maintains partnerships (2) Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness (3) Drive to achieve results for impact (4) Innovates and embraces change (5) Manages ambiguity and complexity (6) Thinks and acts strategically (7) Works collaboratively with others.
During the recruitment process, we test candidates following the competency framework. Familiarize yourself with our competency framework and its different levels: competency framework here.
UNICEF is here to serve the world’s most disadvantaged children and our global workforce must reflect the diversity of those children. The UNICEF family is committed to include everyone, irrespective of their race/ethnicity, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, socio-economic background, or any other personal characteristic.
We offer a wide range of benefits to our staff, including paid parental leave, breastfeeding breaks and reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. UNICEF strongly encourages the use of flexible working arrangements.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF is committed to promote the protection and safeguarding of all children. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
UNICEF’s active commitment towards diversity and inclusion is critical to deliver the best results for children. For this position, eligible and suitable Males are encouraged to apply.
UNICEF appointments are subject to medical clearance. Issuance of a visa by the host country of the duty station, which will be facilitated by UNICEF, is required for IP positions. Appointments are also subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid). Government employees that are considered for employment with UNICEF are normally required to resign from their government before taking up an assignment with UNICEF. UNICEF reserves the right to withdraw an offer of appointment, without compensation, if a visa or medical clearance is not obtained, or necessary inoculation requirements are not met, within a reasonable period for any reason.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Advertised: 07 Jul 2023 Singapore Standard Time
Deadline: 21 Jul 2023 Singapore Standard Time
To help us track our recruitment effort, please specify on the application form/indicate in your cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.