GBPN - Global Buildings Performance Network
GBPN – Global Buildings Performance Network
The Global Buildings Performance Network (GBPN) is a global and regionally focused not-for-profit organization whose mission is to decarbonize the building sector. We are seeking an experienced consultant for approximately 12 Months, commencing in early 2024, to support the growth of the organization.
The Consultant will be responsible for the completion of tasks and deliverables as assigned by the Head of Finance and administration. The primary focus will be to coordinate and manage key administrative and organizational projects. The successful Consultant will have a proven track record and experience in project management, contracts, and/or grant administration, and will be fluent in English with a proficient command of the French language. The consultant will primarily liaise with teams based in the Asia Pacific Region with a focus on Indonesia, India, Singapore, and Australia, as well as Europe.
It is expected that the successful Consultant will be available for 4 to 5 Days of Consultancy each week, on commencement. While the Consultant will work from their own premises/home office, some travel will be expected, to achieve project milestones. Therefore, ideally, the Consultant will be based within a 2-hour travel radius from Maastricht (NL) & Paris (France). The assignment is an excellent opportunity for whoever wants to be part of an environment and climate-focused Association working at a Global level and a vibrant international network.
We are looking for a consultant with a proven track record in administration, project management, coordinator roles and/or similar roles which meet the essential requirements for this role.
Technical Skills, Qualifications and experience required
- Master’s degree in business management or a related degree, or Bachelor’s degree with additional relevant postgraduate qualifications;
- 10-15 years of experience;
- Experience in project management, contracts and/or grants administration;
- Experience in data analysis and performance metrics is advantageous;
- Track record in project delivery;
- Fluent in English (oral and written) and a proficient command of the French language;
- High level of IT literacy in particular with the following programs: Zoho modules, Click up, Zoom for calls, Dropbox, Google drive/Emails;
- Ability to collate information into digestible and easy to read summaries and reports;
- Strong project management skills, with a high attention to detail;
- Able to work from home, to work independently with minimal supervision;
- A Can-do attitude and high levels of proactivity.
Behavioral Skills and competencies required
- Strong communication, negotiation, and organizational skills, which enable clear, concise but complete information sharing;
- Ability to present information in a structured manner anticipating what will be required;
- Strong relationship builder, ability to collaborate across an organization with a geographically dispersed population;
- Demonstrated ability to influence senior leaders – building, nurturing, and creating strong, productive, and resilient relationships at all levels and across functions;
- Ability to plan and prioritise, keeping both medium and long-term goals at front of mind;
- Commitment to excellence, ensuring objectives are met and delivered on-time;
- Experience navigating complex and challenging situations – able to analyze and solve operational and strategic issues using a diplomatic, pragmatic, logical and common-sense approach;
- Results-oriented, self-motivated and resilient – used to overcoming setbacks, working to deadlines, and adapting to changing conditions;
- Demonstrated success in coordinating tasks with multi-location-based teams;
- Ability to manage confidential information with a high level of discretion;
- Flexible mindset, with the ability to quickly develop new skills when required;
- The ability to get along with others and display a positive attitude.
- Experience in the non-profit sector would be ideal;
- Access to Highest Speed internet available in the country of work;
- Confident using digital collaboration tools such as Zoom, Google Suite.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute to the success of the Finance and Administration goals, by working closely with the Head of Finance and Administration on an ongoing basis on both operational and strategic goals;
- Deputise for the Head of Finance and Administration when required, to include decision making on her behalf or performing required tasks in her absence;
- Deliver all aspects of Departmental management, including but not limited to filing paperwork, meeting with internal and external stakeholders or vendors (accountants, lawyers, business partners, consulting firms, banks etc.), presenting important information, developing processes, and answering team´s questions, and resolving issues, coordinating materials of Board Pack;
- Ensures optimal team effectiveness and monitors performance of all activities using key metrics.
- Plan, organize, and manage cross-functional resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives, for example, new processes, organizational development initiatives and so on;
- Liaise with cross-functional teams on the implementation of the organisation’s strategic and operational plans.
Contracts & Grants Administration
- Responsible for drafting, reviewing, negotiating, and finalizing contracts between parties;
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the organization’s contracts and grants – contracting terms, amendments, negotiation of terms, renewals;
- Responsible for managing the ongoing relationships with clients and vendors, as well as ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory requirements;
- Ensure compliance with funder requirements and applicable laws and manage GBPN’s interests and mitigate risks;
- Lead improvements and best practices in procurement and contracting processes and legal templates and relevant contract terms (IP, confidentiality, etc.).
- Assists the Head of Finance and Administration with the relationships and activities of Legal firms, professional services firms and operational advisory firms;
- Supports and guides the Head of Finance and Administration in their legal and governance responsibilities at Headquarters and the in-country entities;
- Acts as the Lead point of contact between the Administration Function and the Key Administration and Operations Contacts in Country;
- Participates in management bodies: Management team meetings, Project meetings, Board meetings as required, Quarterly Financial and Operational reviews, and other formal/informal or temporary or established working committees.
Management of HR & Training
As the organization scales, responsibility for HR operations and Talent management for the teams in place and with the country entities.
- Prepares and delivers Training to staff members in relation to Teams internal learning and experience, HR and Administrative systems and processes;
- Assists the Head of Finance and Administration and external HR Advisors with Consultant and Employee Contracts, in particular oversight and maintenance of Employee Files, records and data on the relevant HRIS. Governance of Consultant and Employee Data, from a compliance perspective.
HOW TO APPLY
Please provide a proposal including the following:
Send your Resume by email, providing the following information as part of your email:
- Your availability: Proposed start date and proposed schedule of working days;
- Daily fees (Euro rate per 8h-day) should be inclusive of all fringe benefits, applicable taxes and other costs;
- A short overview (5-10 bullet points) of how you meet the selection criteria and a brief description of relevant previous assignments/position similar to the proposed assignment.
Applications: should be sent to [email protected].
Deadline: 8th January 2024
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted;
- The position will be filled as soon as a suitable final candidate is selected.
CONTRACT TYPE AND SCHEDULE OF PAYMENT
For Individual Consultants and organizations:
- Assignment through a consulting contract over a period of 12 months – with possibility for extension based on performance;
- The consultant will work from their normal place of work – focusing on the relevant region to cover.
Schedule of Payment
The consultant will be remunerated according to a schedule of payment agreed upon signing the contractual agreement. Invoices should be submitted according to the schedule agreed in the contract, along with a timesheet, outputs and an overview of activities delivered. All final outputs will be subject to internal GBPN review procedures and will need to be cleared by the Head of Finance and Admin.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.