King's College London
Job id: 075805. Salary: £31,396 – £32,929 including London Weighting Allowance.
Posted: 02 October 2023. Closing date: 08 October 2023.
Business unit: Fundraising & Supporter Development. Department: Supporter Operations.
Contact details:Pui-Ling Wong. [email protected]
Location: Strand Campus. Category: Professional & Support Services.
THIS VACANCY IS OPEN TO INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY
Fundraising and Supporter Development (F&SD) is an integrated department that provides a single fundraising and supporter engagement function for King’s College London, Guy’s and St Thomas’ Foundation, and King’s Health Partners, working closely with the Maudsley Charity. Based at King’s College London, we work with colleagues across our partners to help them serve society through world-leading education, research, and healthcare.
The Gift Processing Coordinator works within the Supporter Services team, with responsibility for the processing of all philanthropic donations to King’s College London and our charity partners efficiently and effectively. You will ensure all financial processing is completed to a high standard, coupled with the successful monthly reconciliation between the fundraising database and the charity bank account.
Specifically, you are a highly motivated, hardworking, and organised person, able to set and work to deadlines and service level agreements. Adept at juggling multiple priorities, you thrive in dynamic work environments that are experiencing change and enjoy providing first class support and building strong professional relationships.
You will be involved in stakeholder and supplier management, answering income processing queries and providing operational and financial advice to the wider department.
You will be joining F&SD at an exciting point in our development as we enter a period of transformational change to a new CRM. The right candidate should therefore be resilient and adaptable, feel comfortable with feeding into the development of new evolving business processes, and be curious enough to explore the benefits and possibilities that a new CRM can bring to the area of gift processing and the wider operational function.
This role would suit candidates with an interest in the charity sector, a passion for facilitating change, and a background/interest in new technologies and ways of working to maximise the benefits of our new CRM.
Our Recruitment Approach
All F&SD appointments involve a standard skills-based interview, followed (for up to two appointable candidates) by a Core Values interview. Our values are important to us, help us to be a high performing team and are a key part of our departmental culture.
Our Core Values are:
Respect tendersglobal.net Collaboration tendersglobal.net Ambition tendersglobal.net Accountable
This post will be offered on a fixed term contract for 9 months.
This is a full time post – 100% full time equivalent**.**
- Process donations onto the fundraising database within agreed service level agreements and in line with our procedures, ensuring acknowledgement letters are sent promptly and with the highest level of accuracy maintained.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to answer enquiries relating to Gift Processing, always striving to create and nurture productive working relationships.
- Visit external fundraising sites to collect donations (including cash), responsibly and securely following best practice procedures.
- Follow weekly banking monitoring and monthly cumulative reconciliations, investigating any issues or discrepancies.
- Import gifts and donor details from a wide range of fundraising platforms in a timely manner, proactively checking for any inaccuracies or errors.
- Provide excellent customer service to both internal and external partners via the departmental online Helpdesk, regarding gift processing enquiries. Respond to Helpdesk queries within SLA’s and resolve within a reasonable timeframe.
- To provide cover as necessary for other colleagues, both within the Supporter Services team, and in the Supporter Operations Directorate.
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.