We are looking to recruit a GIS Technician to join the company’s GIS Services Team. The
position is full-time for a 3-month contract. This post would suit a graduate level applicant.
The role will include assisting the Principal GIS and Data Consultant with the provision of
graphics support to our nationwide ecology team.
The position will be home based (in the UK) but it would be an advantage to live within reasonable
commuting distance of one of our four main offices (Oxford, Hathersage (Sheffield area),
Newport or Newcastle).
BSG Ecology is an award-winning consultancy. Our ambition is to continue to build our success
on rewarding and challenging work. Our focus is on helping our clients achieve their aims, as
well as securing the best outcomes for the environment. Our GIS service is critical in
delivering this vision.
What we offer:
- The chance to work for one of the UK’s largest and most experienced independent ecological
consultancies within a friendly, intelligent, and supportive team
- Diverse work including a variety of tasks of varying scales in a wide range of sectors
including renewable energy, heritage, residential, recreation, infrastructure, and on projects
requiring biodiversity net gain and habitat creation
- A competitive salary and benefits including a flexible working policy and 25 days annual
leave (pro rata).
We are looking for candidates with:
- An appropriate degree or equivalent in GIS, spatial analysis or a related discipline.
- Experience of cartography with attention to detail.
- Experience in the desktop GIS package QGIS for the interpretation and presentation of data.
Experience with ArcGIS an advantage but not essential.
- The ability to identify and implement technical solutions in relation to GIS, spatial
analysis and data management.
- Confidence and a demonstrable track record in written, verbal and technical communication
including an ability to work with non-specialists to identify a brief and deliver a task.
- A good understanding and experience of integrating outputs from other drawing and
publishing packages commonly used in consultancy (such as CAD and InDesign) into GIS.
- An organised approach to work, flexibility and a high level of motivation and proven track
record in prioritising multiple tasks.
Please note: Fast/reliable internet connection is essential for this role.
How to Apply
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to [email protected] by
Friday 28th July 2023.
Find out more & apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this internship posting.