Some careers open more doors than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
The UK is a highly complex, regulated and consumerist banking market requiring considerable flexibility and experience to operate successfully within.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role Global Head of Sustainability Partnerships
In this role, you will:
- Work with the Group Head of Sustainability Policy Partnerships, the Group Chief Sustainability Officer and the wider Sustainability Executive Committee to develop a Net Zero Partnerships Strategy, aligned with HSBC’s ambition and strengths, and taking account of Group-wide and regional needs. You will support development of – and oversee – a portfolio of strategic partnerships aligned with the strategy, working closely with the Head of Philanthropy.
- Lead re-shaping of the Climate Solutions Partnership, the Group’s five-year flagship climate change partnership, to align with HSBC’s Net Zero strategy, and enable partners to play to their strengths. Ensure a robust and shared vision, governance structure, implementation plan and reporting measures between partners, to secure VFM.
- Develop relationships with a network of major NGOs, driving a collaborative and entrepreneurial spirit, and joint working on key topics.
- Oversee disbursement of around $100m budget over 5 years from both Group and Regional/Country budget lines, ensuring due diligence on beneficiaries, impacts and alignment to partnership strategy.
- Ensure HSBC’s sustainability partnerships accelerate HSBC’s Net Zero transition and bring business benefits by enabling learning and employee engagement opportunities, new business innovation, and positive communications events and initiatives.
- Lead the development and management of the Climate Advisory Panel, a group of board-level independent climate experts advising HSBC on our Net Zero strategy and delivery, and run the secretariat function.
- Lead, coordinate and develop a network of 30+ CS colleagues (including 1 direct report at Group level) who are responsible for delivering the CSP around the world by setting and communicating the strategy, consulting on key market priorities, delivering learning opportunities, driving impact and enabling them to drive business innovation.
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- The role holder will be a well-networked leader, with deep and expert knowledge of climate and sustainability, and global reach in partnerships of key interest to HSBC.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong, productive and trusted working relationships, to enable collaboration and get things done.
- Expertise in climate and wider sustainability policy, and experience of working at a global and regional level.
- Strong commercial acumen, with a track record of managing external and internal consultants to ensure they are delivery value for money.
- Ability to be evidence-based and decisive in prioritising partnerships that will have the biggest impact in supporting the Bank’s transition to Net Zero.
- High level of drive and motivation to ensure successful delivery of complex transformational initiatives.
- Experience of leading transformational sustainability partnerships – including within financial services/banking – an advantage.
Location for this role is London (hybrid).
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.