Virginia Economic Development Partnership
The Virginia Economic Development Partnership (VEDP) is seeking a Global Research Specialist to work in its International Trade Division. VEDP is a state authority that fosters economic growth in the Commonwealth by cultivating new business investment, supporting the expansion of existing Virginia businesses, and championing international trade activity.
The Global Research Specialist will support VEDP’s Global Network Research Program, where 20+ consultants collaborate with VEDP to provide research to Virginia businesses on foreign markets. This position will support research project workflow, interpret research findings, and process payments. This position reports to the Global Research Manager.
The position is part of VEDP’s International Trade Division, which is recognized as the leading state international trade development program in the U.S. VEDP’s International Trade division provides a range of resources such as customized market research, international business meetings, and grant programs to assist Virginia businesses with growing their international sales.
- Track project workflow and deadlines for international market research projects for Virginia businesses
- Assist with preparing and renewing contracts for research providers
- Lead conference calls with Virginia businesses and research consultants to determine the scope of international research projects
- Manage client interactions with contracted research consultants
- Review final research reports for grammar and consistency with the scope of the project
- Process and track payments related to market research activities in accounting software
- Maintain program materials, including PowerPoints, marketing materials, and website content
- Interpret market research findings and stay up to date on market opportunities around the world to advise International Trade Division staff and Virginia businesses on a regular basis
- Continually seek ways to improve international market research for Virginia businesses
- Support trade missions and trade shows by working with international consultants and VEDP colleagues to deliver successful events for participating businesses
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience using multiple software packages, such as Microsoft Office and Quicken or similar accounting software
- Working knowledge of international business practices and awareness of geography, foreign customs, and cultures
- Collaborative and proactive project management experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to engage in effective working relationships with colleagues
- Excels under pressure, in fast-paced work environment
- Enjoys meeting needs/deadlines of internal and external customers
- Familiarity with Salesforce CRM software preferred
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in economics, marketing, communications, international business, international relations, or a related field, or equivalent work experience is preferred
- Academic or professional experience in fields of international business or marketing is preferred
- A valid driver’s license is required
- Must have a passport or the ability to obtain one
- Some overnight travel may be required
Being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment. VEDP uses the E-Verify system and does not provide sponsorship.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.