Are you an experienced advocate and leader, and passionate about politics and its role in
helping to tackle the nature crisis? This is an exciting opportunity to join our External
Affairs and Advocacy Programming team, leading the delivery of the RSBP’s political strategy at
You will lead the team responsible for managing relationships with parliamentarians to maximise
our impact and influence. You will translate our political strategy into meaningful work
programmes, providing direction and energy to the team to help deliver the RPBS’s strategy.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with our specialist teams to shape and deliver
impactful advocacy strategies to promote and support the recovery of nature.
To be responsible for delivering the RSPB’s political strategy at Westminster and to maintain
oversight of all RSPB advocacy with politicians and senior civil servants in Westminster.
What we need from you:
- A sound understanding of Westminster parliamentary processes and the difference between
politics and policy, with a good understanding of the main political parties in Westminster.
- An understanding of the climate and nature crises and the role of public policy in driving
action to address this.
- Extensive experience in developing or influencing government/regulatory policy, ideally at
- Experience of influencing the thinking of policy makers in the environmental field.
- An effective team leader, with the ability to effectively manage, motivate and develop
- An articulate advocate able to influence others and represent the RSPB in high level
meetings with senior politicians and their staff.
- Strong networking and relationship management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (especially able to write and speak in
succinct to the point manner) and presentational skills.
- Highly organised and able to manage and prioritise competing demands for self and team.
- Able to work independently and collaboratively in a team.
- Able to manage conflict and find resolutions.
This is a Permanent Full-Time role. We are looking to conduct interviews for this position from
20th February 2023. For further information please contact [email protected].
As part of this application process you will be asked to provide a copy of your CV and complete
an application form including evidence on how you meet the requirements listed above.
The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of
Offenders Act 1974.
The RSPB is a licenced sponsor. This role is eligible for UK Visa Sponsorship.
Find out more & apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobstenders.net) you saw this internship posting.