Oakland Community Health Network
Starting Salary: $54,376
The Grant Coordinator will coordinate pre-award planning activities to post-award administration for
assigned grants. The coordinator will work with the Deputy Director of Strategic Initiatives and
Department Directors to identify and apply for various grants that meet the organization’s needs,
overseeing the grant application process from beginning to end. To ensure that grants are in compliance
with regulatory, funding agency, and policy requirements, the coordinator will maintain necessary
documentation, including data and other requirements for grant reports, and monitor implementation
progress, as needed.
- Discusses available sources of funding with Deputy Director of Strategic Initiatives.
- Compiles necessary information for the application process through collaboration with other employees, database research, and other fact-finding actions and meetings.
- Ensures the grant is submitted on time.
- Drafts and completes grant applications, ensuring they are formatted, packaged, and submitted in accordance with granting agency requirements, develops and implements administrative procedures and controls for grant application process.
- Completes all documents, forms, or reports required by the grant.
- Coordinates the monitoring and evaluation of programs and projects that are funded by grants.
- Develops and maintains master files on grants and paperwork connected to programs funded by grants.
- Develops and maintains systems for recording and tracking grant proposals, awards, and related statistical information.
- Coordinates access to granting agencies’ grants management systems; helps other staff obtain access to systems, as needed.
- Coordinates with relevant departments to ensure that budgeting and administrative policies, procedures, and agency requirements are being followed; identifies any administrative problems and/or budget changes occurring during the awarded granting period and escalates to Deputy Director of Strategic Initiatives and other relevant staff.
- Maintains knowledge of grant funding policies, regulations, and procedures; disseminates and/or presents changes to departments and advises on the implementation of changes, and on the impact of changes on funded operations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- At least three years of experience in grant writing required.
- Considerable (3 – 5 years) responsible experience in research, finance, or public administration, including experience in grant administration, grant management and grant coordination.
Training Requirements (licenses, programs, or certificates):
- Thorough understanding of local, state, and federal funding sources and the ability to locate potential sources for funding.
- Thorough understanding of grant funding policies and procedures and applicable local, state, and federal regulations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of effective grant writing techniques.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Extremely organized and meticulous with details.
- Excellent project management skills and ability to prioritize work and resources
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to interpret financial data and prepare budgets and financial grant reports.
- Ability to be discreet with personal information that may be needed for some grants such as employee salaries or upcoming projects.
- Knowledge of current developments/trends in behavioral health and integrated care.
- Ability to conduct literature searches.
Oakland Community Health Network’s Core Competencies:
- Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization; demonstrating loyalty to the organization and its mission and values; maintaining social, ethical, and organizational norms; firmly adhering to codes of conduct and ethical principles. (Integrity/Building Trust)
- Making customers and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships, recognizing that the ultimate customer is the person served. (Customer Focus)
- Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application. (Continuous Learning)
- Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence in addition to consciously adopting organizational standards of excellence. (Work Standards)
- Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message. (Communication)
- Must have available means of transportation to and from OCHN and for required offsite meetings or site visits.
- Must be available for meetings and events which may occur outside of standard office hours.
- Work performed primarily in an office environment.
- Hybrid (onsite/remote) work schedule available.
- The ideal candidate must be able to complete all physical requirements of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this posting.