- Within the Network Management Directorate, the “Infrastructure” service manages the European infrastructure deployment projects and programmes, and aims at making the SES digital sky a reality. It develops, organises and provides European common services including network support services, aeronautical information services and the radio frequency function.
- With the European Commission’s official appointment of the consortium behind the SESAR Deployment Manager (SDM), the EUROCONTROL Network Manager took on the role of consortium coordinator of the new partnership between 14 air navigation service providers (ANSPs), 4 airline groups and ACI EUROPE.
- Under the CEF1 framework, SDM coordinated the replies to 8 Calls for Proposals that led to the signature of 8 grant agreements for a total amount of 2.7€ Billion of investments involving 90+ implementing partners through 341 projects.
- This job involves frequent contacts and close collaboration with external stakeholders (ANSPs, airports, airlines, Member States, etc.).
Your role will be to:
- Support the coordination by the CEF Grant Management Team Leader of the SESAR Deployment Manager’s (SDM) replies to the Common Project 1 (CP1) related CEF Call for Proposals issued by the European Climate, Infrastructure and Environment Executive Agency (CINEA, keep up with all timelines and ensure the submission of replies to CINEA by the deadline.
- Check SDM’s replies for quality and compliance with all requirements and conditions (incl. legal, financial) requested by the Call for Proposals, identify discrepancies, suggest improvements and discuss with team leader for decision-taking.
- Provide advice to grant beneficiaries on the relevant (EU) grant execution process and applicable legal contractual framework(s), and monitor the execution of grant agreements including the Member States’ certification which is mandatory for the final submission of the Action Status Reports and Final Reports.
- Support the preparation and drafting of the Action Status Reports and Final Reports.
- Support the coordination of the Specific Grant Agreement (SGA) amendment process involving different actors (implementing partners, CINEA, SDM), assist in the analysis of changes and propose recommendations.
- Draft guidelines on processes and provide reporting; draft various activity reports, coordinate and prepare status, progress and closure reports in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Carry out financial monitoring activities (e.g. coordination and follow-up of payment requests, interim and balance payments, payments distributed to the beneficiaries by SDM) and elaborate financial models/spreadsheets to represent and track payment activities taking into account grant agreement budgets, audit findings, etc.
- Support the coordination of the information flow, the exchange of information among stakeholders, processes and systems.
- Carry out any other task in line with the main purpose of the job.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCIES
- Completed university studies of 4 years in a relevant area (e.g. Engineering, Business Administration, Political Science, Economics, Law) or completed relevant university studies of 3 years plus 1 year of relevant working experience.
- Internal candidates should check on the intranetto see what level of in-house experience is considered equivalent to educational qualifications where appropriate.
- Minimum 3 years’ relevant professional experience to carry out the described responsibilities.
- Experience in project or programme coordination including interfaces with stakeholders, planning, tracking and monitoring activities.
- Experience with contractual tasks to monitor EU grant agreements.
- Experience or understanding of project operations relating to finance, budget or procurement.
- Experience in reporting.
- Understanding of the European large scale SESAR project and EUROCONTROL’s role, in particular in relation to the SDM.
- Stakeholder Management skills.
- Drafting skills (English).
- Experience in the use of Office applications, in particular Excel.
- Experience in the use of project management software. Experience with the STAR tool (software used by the SDM) would be an advantage.
- Communication: You are able to foster two-way communication.
- Analytical thinking: You analyse information and are able to identify relationships.
- Planning & Organising: You know how to plan ahead and adapt as required.
- Team working: You foster team work.
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment.
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach.
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. For this particular job, candidates must be proficient users of English at level C1 and acquire at least a basic knowledge of French (level A1) by the end of the probation period.
- The levels relate to the Common European Framework of References for languages (CEFR).
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.
Showing 1 - 4 of 65612 jobs/tenders
Economic Modelling Specialist for the GCF Readiness Project: Resilient Recovery Rapid Readiness Support in HondurasUnited Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN WOMEN)Panama City, PanamaPanama City, Panama
Business Solutions IWorld BankChennai,IndiaChennai,India
Consulting Firm / Group of Consultants to develop a Climate-Smart Green Growth Strategy for the GCF project in Sri LankaGWP - Global Water PartnershipHome Based - May require travelHome Based - May require travel
Economic Justice LeadOxfam[Erbil,Iraq ][Erbil,Iraq ]