- Within the Network Management Directorate, the “Infrastructure” service manages the European infrastructure deployment projects and programmes, and aims at making the SES digital sky a reality. It develops, organises and provides European common services including network support services, aeronautical information services and the radio frequency function.
- With the European Commission’s official appointment of the consortium behind the SESAR Deployment Manager (SDM), the EUROCONTROL Network Manager took on the role of consortium coordinator of the new partnership between 14 air navigation service providers (ANSPs), 4 airline groups and ACI EUROPE.
- Under the CEF1 framework, SDM coordinated the replies to 8 Calls for Proposals that led to the signature of 8 grant agreements for a total amount of 2.7€ Billion of investments involving 90+ implementing partners through 341 projects. This job involves frequent contacts and close collaboration with external stakeholders (ANSPs, airports, airlines, Member States, etc.).
- The job holder will report to the EUROCONTROL Consortium Coordination Manager.
Your role will be to:
- Coordinate the SESAR Deployment Manager’s (SDM) replies to the Common Project 1 (CP1) related CEF Call for Proposals issued by the European Climate, Infrastructure and Environment Executive Agency (CINEA), keep up with all timelines and ensure the submission of replies to CINEA by the deadline.
- Lead and supervise the work of Grant Management Experts; make sure that SDM’s replies complies with all requirements and conditions (incl. legal, financial) requested by the Call for Proposals, discuss discrepancies with grant coordinators and decide on best way forward.
- Act as a point of reference to clarify applicable processes, legal contractual provisions, divergence in interpretations of legal and financial requirements.
- Coordinate the preparation and drafting of the Action Status Reports and Final Reports.
- Coordinate the Specific Grant Agreement (SGA) amendment process involving different actors (implementing partners, CINEA, SDM), provide advice to analysis of changes, assess impact and decide on recommendations.
- Check and draft, as required, guidelines, reports and provide reporting, metrics, etc.
- Coordinate the financial monitoring activities (e.g. coordination and follow-up of payment requests, interim and balance payments, payments distributed to the beneficiaries by SDM) and elaborate financial models/spreadsheets to represent and track payment activities taking into account grant agreement budgets, audit findings, etc.
- Coordinate with the other SDM teams to ensure proper planning and timely delivery of their necessary input to the above streams of work.
- Act as the focal point for the interactions with CINEA for one or several of the above streams of work.
- Decide on most appropriate information flows, the exchange of information among stakeholders, processes and systems.
- Carry out any other task in line with the main purpose of the job.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCIES
- Completed university studies of 4 years in a relevant area (e.g. Engineering, Business Administration, Political Science, Economics, Law) or completed relevant university studies of 3 years plus 1 year of relevant working experience.
- Internal candidates should check on the intranetto see what level of in-house experience is considered equivalent to educational qualifications where appropriate.
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant professional experience to carry out the described responsibilities.
- Experience in project or programme management.
- People Management experience.
- Experience with contractual tasks to monitor EU grant agreements.
- Experience in reporting.
- Understanding of the European large scale SESAR project and EUROCONTROL’s role, in particular in relation to the SDM.
- Stakeholder Management experience.
- Drafting skills (English).
- Experience in the use of Office applications, in particular Excel.
- Experience in the use of project management software. Experience with the STAR tool (project management software used by the SDM) would be an advantage.
- Managing people: You implement effective people-management practices.
- Communication: You are able to foster two-way communication.
- Analytical thinking: You analyse information and are able to identify relationships.
- Planning & Organising: You know how to plan ahead and adapt as required.
- Team working: You foster team work.
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment.
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach.
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. For this particular job, candidates must be proficient users of English at level C1 and acquire at least a basic knowledge of French (level A1) by the end of the probation period.
- The levels relate to the Common European Framework of References for languages (CEFR).
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.
Showing 1 - 4 of 65371 jobs/tenders
Oficial de Proteccin – TamaulipasDanish Refugee CouncilReynosa Tamaulipas, Mexico.Reynosa Tamaulipas, Mexico.
ICT & Digital Development ManagerUnited Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA)Addis Ababa, EthiopiaAddis Ababa, Ethiopia
Strengthening GBV manual for WACPS/Liberia National PoliceUnited Nations Development ProgrammeAnywhereAnywhere
Internal ControllerUnited Nations Development Programme (UNDP)Bangui, Central African RepublicBangui, Central African Republic