The Salvation Army - NJ Division
The Grants & Contracts Manager, North will be responsible for researching and identifying public, private, and corporate funding opportunities and evaluating appropriateness for the organization. Responsibilities will also include developing grant proposals, assembling all pertinent grant material packages for final submission, coordinating the completion and submission of related reports and updates for awarded funds, and maintaining the grants management database. The Grants & Contracts Manager, North will oversee the following New Jersey Counties: Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Hunterdon, Mercer, Middlesex, Morris, Passaic, Somerset, Sussex, and Warren, and will assist as needed with all aspects of fundraising and provide necessary administrative support when needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties listed below are the primary duties of this position but are not all the duties that may be required. The Salvation Army reserves the right to change, reduce, or expand the duties of this position at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this role.
Specifically, the primary duties are:
- Develop, write, and assemble funding applications for new and existing grants and contracts.
- Act as primary grant manager on various contracts and awards, ensuring deliverables are met and The Salvation Army complies with funder expectations.
- Manage the Emergency Food and Shelter Program (EFSP) grant lifecycle and associated Corps training.
- Liaise with funders, maintaining positive funder relations and ensuring the proper flow of information and data.
- Plan strategies under the supervisor’s direction for securing new grants and bolstering support and revenue in existing and renewing contracts.
- Analyze service and program data; research and apply for appropriate sources of funds to help meet The Salvation Army’s needs.
- Ensure that all funding contracts, actions, and all related information are entered and updated in Salesforce, Teams, and the contract database.
- Write and coordinate application processes for multi-Corps government grant programs.
- Attend related agency meetings and ensure relationship management with grantors.
- Steward and lead communication strategies for funders, including coordinating on-site visits to Corps.
- Work in collaboration with Human Services, Finance, and others to ensure compliance and reporting are accomplished.
· Bachelor’s degree in a related area preferred or equivalent relevant professional experience.
· Proven experience in grant writing/ management required (1-2 years).
· Must be highly organized and able to plan and implement strategies within a complex environment, manage goals, and coordinate contacts within a busy schedule of proposals and with many relationships.
· Must have solid analytical skills and be able to analyze data and develop targeted development strategies based on research.
· Must demonstrate creativity and ability to work as a team member to craft the right contact for a funding source.
· Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
· Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
· Proficiency in related technologies: Office 365, Salesforce, and others as needed; training provided.
· Driver’s license and use of a vehicle required; ability to travel as needed throughout New Jersey and from time to time beyond New Jersey.
· Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs., with or without reasonable accommodation.
· Able to work extended hours when needed.
· Willingness to act in an “as-needed” capacity for emergencies.
· Must understand and support the mission of The Salvation Army.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $53,000.00 – $55,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.