Title: Grants and Partnership Coordinator
Department:**** Grants and Partnership Department
Reporting to: Grants and Partnership Manager
Duration: One year
About Horan Foundation
HORAN FOUNDATION is a Syrian-focused non-profit organization working in Syria and countries of asylum with no discrimination. through emergency interventions, meeting their basic needs, and implementing highly competent community development programs.
HORAN FOUNDATION was established with the escalation of the Syrian crisis at the beginning of 2012 in Jordan and registered in Turkey in2014 and Switzerland in 2016, where it started as a group of friends to provide emergency humanitarian assistance in Daraa and its countryside. Since then, HORAN FOUNDATION has developed to become one of the largest organization supporting the Syrian people, through the implementation of 350 projects that helped the lives of more than 10 million beneficiaries throughout the Syrian territory and neighboring countries of asylum, and also contributed to the establishment of the Platform of Syrian Associations (Minber Suriye), one of the most important coordination platforms for humanitarian workers in the Syrian affairs. It has the membership of the NGO Forum and membership in Syrian Networks and membership in the Forum for the Voice of the displaced Syrians.
The Grants and Partnership Coordinator key position supporting Horan Foundation Program. The main goal of this position is to ensure effective sub-grants management and due diligence with sub-award partners and build strong, sustainable partners, Lead donor partnership relationships and help ensure funding sustainability , Understand how Horan Foundation is positioned and analyze opportunities for growth and monitor risks that can affect funding sustainability.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Develop program/project proposals with a special focus on Livelihoods, Education, Shelter, and Protection with an ambition to seek medium to large multi-year funding opportunities for integrated sustainable programming.
- Be instrumental in developing strategic partnerships with INGOs, UN agencies, institutional donors, government bodies and other stakeholders.
- Play a key role on mentoring operations staff to deliver increasingly high-quality materials that support grant management, fundraising, and advocacy initiatives.
- Ensure that grant management activities are carried out in compliance with donor policies and procedures.
- Formulate/update grant manuals and policy documents related to programmes.
- Develop/update and implement a grants tracking system to ensure timely and accurate execution and monitoring of all grant agreements.
- Review grant documents and advise the senior management on donor compliances, policies, and procedures as relevant and required.
- Review and approve periodical reports and documentation in accordance with the agreement, terms and conditions.
- Work closely with the Technical Managers, M&E, finance and operational leads to ensure that quality programmes are developed, and the budgets are prepared in line with the donor requirements and compliances.
- Establish/develop funding and partnerships policy.
- Attend projects’ planning / kick-off meetings.
- Perform other duties and assignments as required by CEO or Grants & Partnership Manager.
- University degree in Business management. or any related field.
- The ideal candidates will have a at least a 3-4 years of proven track record of raising and managing significant funding from a range of institutional donors through partnerships or directly.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills, including a demonstrated effectiveness in communication with donors and other project stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure with limited guidance.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Arabic language.
- in Administration, social science, management and/or related field is required Experience in the middle east region is strongly preferred.
- Proposal Development
- MS Office
- Flexibility to travel within the region as and when is required
- Uphold and promote Horan’s commitment to ensuring the safeguarding and safety of the vulnerable communities we serve.
- Consistent with Horan’s safeguarding and protection policies, ensure all people who come into contact with Horan Foundation are as safe as possible.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
- Transparency and accountability
- Agility and innovation
Horan foundation is committed to protecting our staff and the communities we work with from abuse and harm including sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, and sexual harassment.
All staff are expected to abide by our Code of Conduct.
Recruitment to all roles in Horan foundation include a criminal records self-declaration, references and other pre-employment checks, which may include police and qualifications checks.
How to apply
In case you meet the requirements and that you are interested in the position, please submit your CV using the link:
We thank all applicants; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.