|Procurement Process :
||IC – Individual contractor
||Fiji – FIJI
The overall objective of this assignment is to provide graphic design support for communications and knowledge products, such as reports, brochures, briefs, infographics for the Governance for Resilient Development in the Pacific (Gov4Res) project of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) by visualizing key messages in innovative, creative and culturally appropriate ways.
The Gov4Res project works with Pacific governments to ensure that countries adapt their decision making and governance systems towards more resilient development. The projects theory of change rests on a core assumption that Pacific Island people will be more resilient to the impacts of climate change and disasters if countries manage all development through a risk informed approach. This is consistent with the Framework for Resilient Development in the Pacific which calls for the ‘mainstreaming’ of climate and disaster risk treating risk management as fundamental to all development decisions. With the funding support from the Australian Government’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT), the Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA), the New Zealand’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade (MFAT), the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida), and the United Kingdom Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO), the Gov4Res project works with countries across the Pacific region to risk-inform 1) government planning and financing systems enable gender and socially inclusive risk-informed development; 2) country oversight and accountability systems require gender and socially inclusive risk-informed development; and 3) regional organisations, policies and practices are actively supporting gender and socially inclusive risk-informed development.
Long-Term Agreement Contracting Modality and Call-Off Mechanism
- This solicitation is for a long-term agreement (LTA), which is a mutual arrangement between UNDP and the individual to provide the required services at established fee or provisions. The LTA will be established for one year and renewable for up to three years linked to satisfactory performance of the individual Consultant. UNDP reserves the right to rescind the agreement during that period should performance of the Consultant not meet its requirements.
- It is expected the Consultant to be engaged for three years starting from November 2022 to November 2025.
- UNDP does not warrant that any quantity of services shall be contracted during the term of this Agreement. A specific Term of Reference (TOR) outlining the deliverables shall be provided, and an Individual Contract would be issued to the Consultant, detailing the time frame.
- Once the LTA is signed, if there is a specific service required, the focal person in the UNDP hiring unit would contact the Consultant and upon positive confirmation in the availability for the assignment, acceptance of the Term of reference, cost and travel arrangement, UNDP will issue an Individual Contract. Price in the order will be based on daily fee included in the LTA. After contract has been agreed between the two parties, no further costs would be reimbursed by UNDP unless there is prior written authorization by UNDP.
- Once the services are completed and have been approved by the hiring unit, the Consultant will provide a) complete invoice indicating the completed deliverables; b) supporting documentation (bills/vouchers) for reimbursements of travel costs if applicable; and c) copy of the UNDP contract for the consultancy.
- Payments will be made upon satisfactory achieved deliverables under each assignment and submission of time sheet in accordance with number of days worked. Final payment shall require a signed performance evaluation of the Consultant.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Scope of Work/Expected Output
The overall responsibilities of the assignment are to:
- Conceptualize, design, and layout high quality innovative, creative, and culturally appropriate communications materials (print and online)
- Follow UNDP Communications and Branding Guidelines
- Modify, revise and edit materials as required, in consultation with the Gov4Res team. The Gov4Res team will support resource materials and/or reference documents as relevant
- Provide guidance to the Gov4Res team on printing requirements and quality assurance
- Work in close collaboration with the Gov4Res team to ensure full compliance with the Gov4Res project’s priorities
Note: materials should be designed in such a way that they can be updated and adjusted for future use (all colours, pantones, fonts, inserted bitmaps or any other used recourse should be included in the design package; fonts should not be converted to outlines in order to allow edits and adaptations in the future). Raw files should be provided to the Gov4Res team.
- The Consultant(s) will work in close collaboration with the Gov4Res communications team under the supervision of the Gov4Res Project Manager, who will review and approve the deliverables.
- The deliverables will be assessed at milestones defined at the project onset and approved at or before the deadline. The Consultant(s) may be required to liaise with external vendors and printers
- The Consultant will be required to have their own technical and software-based equipment to deliver the services.
- The Gov4Res Project would like to engage with 2 Graphic designers for the duration of the LTA as it is anticipated that there will be periods of multiple deliverables with competing deadlines.
Duration of Contract
It is expected that the engagement will be for three years, which will commence in November 2022 and end in November 2025.
Price Proposal and Schedule of Payments
Daily Fee. Consultant shall quote an all-inclusive Daily Fee for the contract period. The term “all-inclusive” implies that all costs (professional fees, communications, consumables, etc.) that could be incurred by the IC in completing the assignment are already factored into the daily fee submitted in the proposal. If applicable, travel or daily allowance cost (if any work is to be done outside the IC’s duty station) should be identified separately.
Payments shall be made based on approved invoices indicating number of working days spent for each specific assignment, upon verification of completion of deliverables and approval by the IC’s supervisor
In the event of unforeseeable travel not anticipated in this TOR, payment of travel costs including tickets, lodging and terminal expenses should be agreed upon, between the respective business unit and the Individual Consultant, prior to travel and will be reimbursed. In general, UNDP shall not accept travel costs exceeding those of an economy class ticket. Should the IC wish to travel on a higher class he/she should do so using their own resources.
Under this LTA modality Gov4Res shall enter into an exclusive three year long term agreement (LTA) with the selected consultant(s) and shall provide specific deliverable and time frames for each task, as and when required.
Duty Station and Travel
- The Consultant will be required to work either from their own homes or UNDP required location depending on specific requirement offices. For completion of the activities/deliverables, the Consultant will be responsible for their own equipment, tools or software (e.g. laptop, internet, phone, scanner/printer etc.) and must have access to reliable internet connection.
- There is no expectation of any travel, however if require/requested by UNDP, the Consultant would make their own arrangements for travel and lodging. Payment of travel costs including tickets (based on economy class ticket only), lodging, etc. should be agreed upon, between UN/UNDP and the Consultant prior to travel. All travel related expenses, including allowances should be within the UN daily subsistence allowance (DSA) rate, will be reimbursed on actuals, upon submission of original receipts.
- Ability to grasp complex issues, concepts and strategies and to translate/communicate various concepts into visual materials
- Excellent visual, written and oral communication skills
- Proven creative and graphic design skills backed up by a good portfolio
- Proven experience in project management, including implementation, quality control of delivered services and client orientation
- Experience working on content that appeals to wide audiences
- Ability to work effectively independently
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and independently
- Show a clear and mature style of design, demonstrating an understanding of the communication requirements of UNDP
- Must have a positive can-do attitude
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Certificate in Graphic Design/Multimedia; specific qualifications, or technical studies in design or layout are an advantage.
- At least 5 years of experience in design and strong layout skills
- Very good creative skills and advanced command over a full range of graphic design software, including Adobe Suite/CC such as illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop
- Proven experience of graphic production from start to published/printed products with knowledge of printing processes and color management
- Demonstrated experience in producing products for a wide variety of audience in the Pacific
- Experience in developing design related to women’s empowerment and gender equality is an advantage and will be considered
- Experience delivering designs for reports, communications and knowledge products respecting corporate guidelines –
- Previous working experience with the UN and other international organizations is an asset
- Fluency of English language is required
Evaluation Method and Criteria
Individual Consultant will be evaluated based on Cumulative analysis. The award of the contract shall be made to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as a) responsive/compliant/acceptable; and b) having received the highest score out of set of weighted technical criteria (70%). and financial criteria (30%). Financial score shall be computed as a ratio of the proposal being evaluated and the lowest priced proposal received by UNDP for the assignment.
Technical Criteria for Evaluation (Maximum 70 points)
- Certificate in Graphic Design/Multimedia; specific qualifications, or technical studies in design or layout are an advantage. – Max 10 points
- At least 5 years of experience in design and strong layout skills and visual arts – Max 10 points
- Proven experience of graphic production from start to published/printed products with knowledge of printing processes and color management – Max 10 points
- Experience in producing products for a wide variety of audience in the Pacific – Max 10 points
- Experience in developing design related to women’s empowerment and gender equality is an advantage and will be considered- Max 10 points
- Experience delivering designs for reports, communications and knowledge products respecting corporate guidelines – Max 10 points
- Previous relevant work experience with UN and other international organizations – Max 10 points
Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 49 points (70% of the total technical points) would be considered for the Financial Evaluation.
Interested individual consultants must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications. Please group them into one (1) single PDF document as the application only allows to upload maximum one document:
- Letter of Confirmation of Interest and Availability using the template provided in Annex II.
- Personal CV, indicating all past experience from similar projects, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate and at least three (3) professional references.
- Technical proposal, including a) a brief description of why the individual considers him/herself as the most suitable for the assignment; and b) a methodology, on how they will approach and complete the assignment.
- Financial proposal, as per template provided in Annex II. Note: National consultants must quote prices in United States Dollars (USD).
Note: Successful individual will be required to provide proof of medical insurance coverage before commencement of contract for the duration of the assignment.
Incomplete and joint proposals may not be considered. Consultants with whom there is further interest will be contacted. The successful consultant shall opt to sign an Individual Contract or a Reimbursable Loan Agreement (RLA) through its company/employer with UNDP.
For any clarification regarding this assignment please write to [email protected]
Please submit your online application in the UNDP job site : UNDP Jobs for this assignment under Climate& Disaster Resilience group of vacancies.
Annex I _ GTC
Annex II Financial Proposal
||Fiji – FIJI
||Fiji – FIJI
To help us track our procurement effort, please indicate in your email where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this tender/procurement notice.