Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH) is currently looking for a Head of Programmes (HOP) to ensure responsive programme development, implementation and strategical direction in Yemen.
Organization: Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH), Warsaw-based international non-governmental organization with a representation office in Yemen;
Position: Head of Programmes (HOP) – International Position
Position reports to: Country Director
Technical supervisor: Global Head of Programmes
Location: Aden with travel to program locations
Job terms: full-time
Type of employment: Full time
Starting date: ASAP.
We strongly encourage qualified candidates to apply as soon as it is possible as the applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH) is an international non-governmental organization which since 1992 has been providing humanitarian and development help worldwide. So far, the interventions have been carried out in 46 different countries. By possessing long-standing expertise in the implementation of projects in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Food Security and Livelihoods, as well as Nutrition and Education, PAH concentrates its global activities on ensuring sustainable and stable development of regions suffering from the consequences of armed conflicts, natural disasters and other humanitarian crises.
PAH has been present in Yemen since June 2019 delivering humanitarian aid to the most vulnerable of the conflict-affected population. PAH provides assistance to internally displaced people and most vulnerable communities, working in the sectors of Health and Nutrition, camp management, Protection, WASH, MPCA, Food Security and Livelihoods.
For more information, please refer to www.pah.org.pl
- In cooperation with the Country Director, develops a long-term strategy for Programmes on the mission in Yemen, operationalizes and leads its implementation
- Defines the common approach and standards in PAH Programme and monitors their coherent application across Programmes
- Provide leadership and direction and responsible for timely and effective implementation of activities as well as use of budget and other resources enabling synergies in the Programme
- Lead on proposal development; coordinate and manage proposal writing by identifying sources for Programme financing and funding opportunities
- Leads Programme Team, i.e. selects, assesses performance, motivates, establishes supporting relations and develops project staff
- Liaises and engages in cooperation with stakeholders such as donors, institutions, authorities, international and national non-governmental organizations, international organizations (IOs), clusters representing PAH
The successful candidate will be selected based on the qualification requirements described below:
- Experience in leading and managing Health & WASH/FSL and other humanitarian and recovery programmes (minimum 4 years) within difficult operating environments. Previous working experience in Yemen is an asset.
- Proven experience in team management (at least 3 years)
- Documented successes in applying for institutional and private funds
- Proven experience in project management (at least 3 years)
- Strong communication skills in culturally diverse environment
- Resourcefulness, initiative
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Proficiency in written and spoken English (at least C1). Good command of Arabic is an asset.
- Good knowledge of Excel and Word
What PAH offer:
- A full time position with a probationary period of 3 months
- Free cost of accommodation in a shared guesthouse in Aden and in the field locations
- R&R benefit
- Annual leave of 26 working days and 5 additional days of free leave per year
- Flights home covered at the beginning and at the end of the deployment
- Medical insurance
- Psychological support package
How to apply
Please fill in the online application form and submit your resume and cover letter in English no later than 28th February 2023.
Due to the urgency to fill the post, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. PAH reserves the right to close the job opening before the deadline.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be notified.