Planned Parenthood of Maryland
Planned Parenthood of Maryland (PPM) is a not-for-profit family planning agency that provides high-quality, affordable reproductive health care for women, men, and teens. Our mission is to enable all Marylanders to have access to a wide range of high-quality, affordable reproductive health care services. We help individuals make informed decisions about their reproductive health, family planning options, and sexuality.
Why Join us? As a Health Center Manager with PPM, you will be a part of supporting a passionate team that plays a vital role in the lives of others! And joining PPM, means joining a culturally diverse team that includes some of the best nurses, doctors, clinic managers and business staff – if you want your career as a Health Center Manager to be a part of a passionate and diverse group – we are looking for you!
To ensure that all clinical protocols and all PPM policies and procedures are followed accordingly through the health center. Responsible for the overall management of day-to-day clinic operations, including scheduling, staffing, inventory, adherence to customer service standards and accomplishment of productivity and revenue goals. The center manager must provide leadership and assistance in client services and participate as an active, integral member of the service delivery team. Must display initiative and follow-through on duties with relatively little guidance and be able to identify and address the changing needs of the center.
Overview of what you as a Health Center Manager:
- Ensure that PPM protocols, policies and procedures are followed and implemented. • Ensure that federal, state, and local regulations are followed and implemented.
- Ensure maintenance of clean, neat, secure, and fully functional facility, including regular maintenance of medical equipment.
- Ensure adequate stocking and dispensing of medications and clinic supplies.
- Prepare, monitor, and adjust patient and staff schedules according to changing needs of center.
- In conjunction with Human Resources, interview and hire new staff as needed.
- Supervise staff and volunteers in accordance with PPM Employee Handbook policies and procedures.
- Monitor, evaluate and document staff performance, ongoing and annually, serving as full supervisor for unlicensed staff and as administrative supervisor for all licensed staff.
- Authorize work hours, leave requests, and expense reports. • Develop and implement staff training and development plans for individual staff members and for larger group.
- Conduct regular staff meetings and initiate regular two-way communication with staff regarding organizational directives, protocol changes, etc.
- Monitor accuracy and completeness of medical records documentation and related data collection.
- In conjunction with supervisor, create and monitor center budget and ensure accuracy and completeness of all related financial transactions and documentation.
- Ensure efficiency of operations through regular monitoring of patient and staff flow throughout the center, adjusting, as necessary.
- Maintain proficiency in certain HCA duties sufficient to backfill during staff shortages or unusually busy clinic sessions.
- Monitor and communicate with staff regarding productivity and revenue goals.
- Act as lead with respect to center’s Quality Assurance program, ensuring timely and accurate completion of all necessary functions and documentation.
- Participate as active member of PPM center managerial team.
- Act as resource for other PPM departments and inform senior management of issues and trends at the health center level.
Benefits Overview and more!
- Health care insurance through CareFirst with the choice of an HMO/ Open Access and Healthy Blue Advantage. Eligibility is the first of the month, following your day of employment.
- Flexible Spending Account: Health Care and Dependent Care. Eligibility is the first of the month, following your day of employment.
- Guardian Dental and EyeMed Vision Insurances. Eligibility is the first of the month, following your first date of employment.
- Life, AD&D Insurance: One time your basic annual earnings to a maximum of $100,000.00. This benefit is paid for by the Company.
- Short-Term Disability: 60% of your weekly earnings up to a maximum benefit of $1,000.00 per week. Benefits begin on the 8th day and are payable for 25 weeks. This benefit is paid for by the Company.
- Long-Term Disability: 60% of your monthly base wages for prolonged illness or injury. With a maximum monthly benefit of $10,000.00. This benefit is paid for by the Company.
- PTO Accrued 1st year: 18 Days
- Employee Assistance Program. This benefit is paid for by the Company.
- Tax-Free Transportation Plan
- Other Supplemental Insurance Programs you can purchase.
- 12 paid Holidays (Eligibility is the first of the month, following your first day employment).
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: Eligibility to participate is the First of the Month following your first day of Employment. After one year PPM will match 100% of employee contributions up to the first 3% and 50% of the next 2%. Fidelity Investment is our 401k provide and they will mail an enrollment packet to your home address.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, management, healthcare, or related field.
- Minimum 2 years supervisory experience, preferably in an outpatient healthcare setting.
- Possess at least three years of related experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a cost-effective, efficient, flexible and customer service-oriented manner.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Planned Parenthood of Maryland is an Equal Opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin (ancestry), disability, genetic information, pregnancy, military status, or any other protected characteristics outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation, and training.
Applicants must pass Criminal Background Screening and the Right to Work in the United States.
PPM Requires COVID-19 Vaccination as part of Employment.
Planned Parenthood of Maryland Participates with E-Verify.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.